Preparing PC for GTX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alive.777

In Runtime
Hi again,
As you may know from my previous "HD 6970 or GTX 580?" thread, i'am going to buy the GTX 580. I'am getting the EVGA GTX 580 SC as it has voltage controle.

I wan't to prepare my pc as much as possible for this card. I have already overclocked my i7 930 to from 2.8ghz to 3.5ghz and given the case a good clean out of dust. Do you guys think 3.5ghz is enough to not bottleneck in most modern games such as metro 2033?

I would also like your views on how you think the GTX 580 will perform in Crysis 2? Will it max it with good fps at 1920x1080p on a 24"?

i7's don't bottleneck, and I should think it would max Crysis 2 perfectly.

your processor is probably the bottleneck of your system, but it doesn't matter really because the games are more gpu intensive than cpu intensive. Also it's hard to tell if it will max crysis 2 because it isn't out yet. I don't think it'll max out with full AA/AF on a 24 and get over 30fps, Metro 2033 gets 42fps maxed out on a 24" with full aa/af on the 580, and I would say that crysis 2 would aim to be more demanding than that so I'm sure it will be playable with everything maxed out but I would be hesitant to say it'll play perfectly.

Thanks for the replies. I've been reading and Crysis 2 will run much better than crysis 1 on max settings. Metro 2033 is much more damanding than Crysis 1 so i would imagine the 580 would max it easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom