Prebuilt system Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerGrid

Beta member
hello new to the forums here and done a few searches cant find anything. I have a couple questions:

-is it possible to replace the motherboard in a pre built hp system?
im lookin to upgrade it to one with a pci express x16, and it is will i have to move everything around

- will the stuff in the back still align with the power/mouse/keyboard/speakers or will i have to completely revamp that section

- one more thing is it possible to get a motherboard that deals withboth amd and intel and which is really good? did some searchin on newegg.com and found one or the other, got an intel 2.8 and looking to go to an amd 2.4

-thank you so much for your time

Okay it's really difficult to say. A lot of hp's use micro atx cases, and some mid tower cases. My old hp would not fit my msi k8n neo4-f motherboard to start out.
How much money do you have?
Just curious because you might aswell build your own computer without the hp case.

-upgrade ram to 2gigs already have 1
- 7800 gt video card requires pcie x 16
- need a motherboard for all of this lokin for one both amd and intel compatable but dont think thats possible already have a 2.8 processor for intel

I take it you'll be gaming huh?

ANd no. To my knowlege, there's no mobo that's both amd and intel compatable

Might as well go ahead and make the AMD plunge.

Two MATX mobos on NewEgg with a five egg rating... the BIOSTAR TForce6100-939 Socket 939 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX, and the SUS A8N-VM CSM Socket 939 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro ATX

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138264
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131570

Only about a $13 diff in price, so either would work.

To use dual channel, try to amtch your RAM exactly for best results.

As for a CPU, buy what you can afford.

Look for a new PSU as well. Your HP probably has either a 200W or a 250W. Neither one will cut it for 64 bit and a huge graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom