Pre-RAID Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
-you need at 2 drives for raid 0
-its hooked up like regular drives..so yes..a power and a sata cable
-im pretty sure hardware raid is faster...software raid uses the program inside xp to do so

I heard you need a floppy drive to load the boot up device, can anyone elaborate more on this? Is there any USB or CD alternative?

I heard you need a floppy drive to load the boot up device, can anyone elaborate more on this? Is there any USB or CD alternative?

ya Vista, can use RAID drivers on a USB Key or a CD (think XP allows this not sure tho)

ya Vista, can use RAID drivers on a USB Key or a CD (think XP allows this not sure tho)

You can use the RAID drivers that are installed with Vista. You will need to do one of the following things to get the RAID drivers installed if you choose to go with XP:

1. Use nLite and create a bootable copy of XP with the current drivers imbedded into windows XP bootable cd. Go to the website and read up on it, I hear it's easy but I have never tried it.

2. You will need a floppy drive and make a bootdisk with the RAID drivers on it and when installing XP you press F6 and load the drivers.

You can use the RAID drivers that are installed with Vista. You will need to do one of the following things to get the RAID drivers installed if you choose to go with XP:

1. Use nLite and create a bootable copy of XP with the current drivers imbedded into windows XP bootable cd. Go to the website and read up on it, I hear it's easy but I have never tried it.

2. You will need a floppy drive and make a bootdisk with the RAID drivers on it and when installing XP you press F6 and load the drivers.

oh crap...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom