Powerhouse in the Making

Status
Not open for further replies.
K there are a few things wrong with NeedACpu's rig

1)Asus? when u can easily get a DFI LP UT SLi-DR?

2)why not get the Raptor X? its better.

3)Why not the Opteron 280? it'll woop the FX-60 ANY TIME, and its cheaper

4)dont risk $600 with XFX as from what i hear, they dont have the greatest customer service, stick with eVGA, u wont regret it

5) Im sorry what? VALUE RAM? when his budget is $4k???????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? why not get some good ones and then when he learns to OC he can make it EVEN BETTER!

EDIT: Sry if that came out wrong, didnt mean to flame.

:p

john3 said:
K there are a few things wrong with NeedACpu's rig

1)Asus? when u can easily get a DFI LP UT SLi-DR?

2)why not get the Raptor X? its better.

3)Why not the Opteron 280? it'll woop the FX-60 ANY TIME, and its cheaper

4)dont risk $600 with XFX as from what i hear, they dont have the greatest customer service, stick with eVGA, u wont regret it

5) Im sorry what? VALUE RAM? when his budget is $4k???????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? why not get some good ones and then when he learns to OC he can make it EVEN BETTER!

EDIT: Sry if that came out wrong, didnt mean to flame.

:p

1) I would go with the Asus over DFI if I wasnt overclocking.

2) The Raptor X isn't better you're just paying for the window on it.

3) I'm sorry the FX-60 would own the 280. The 280 is for servers and is also is not compatible with your mobo.

4) XFX is a very reliable brand and He is saving a ton of money for almost the same performace.

5) Why should he OC when he has a $4k budget? And that is not value RAM it is some of the fastest RAM out.

dont waste ur money on the Fatal1yt, it is for sound freaks.

my bad about the 280, i was thinking of it in place of the 180, scrap that thought. yeah u were right aobut that.

if he has the money he should get some good ram, so that if he wants to later on he can OC it. XFX is a reliable brand but recently i have been seing posts on many forums about peoples issues with it, and i just would risk $600 with them, i would definitely go with an eVGA or MSI or Leadtek.

and i still stand strong on the DFI mobo over the Asus ANY day.

I've seen good reviews on the Raptor X, i would still recommend it.

john3 said:
dont waste ur money on the Fatal1yt, it is for sound freaks.

my bad about the 280, i was thinking of it in place of the 180, scrap that thought. yeah u were right aobut that.

if he has the money he should get some good ram, so that if he wants to later on he can OC it. XFX is a reliable brand but recently i have been seing posts on many forums about peoples issues with it, and i just would risk $600 with them, i would definitely go with an eVGA or MSI or Leadtek.

and i still stand strong on the DFI mobo over the Asus ANY day.

I've seen good reviews on the Raptor X, i would still recommend it.

XFX is as or more reliable then MSI or Leadtek. eVGA is just a step above everyone. Also yea XFX has things called warrantys too just like every other company so if it breaks just send it back. And if you're still so paranoid about getting an XFX then fine go with an eVGA whats it matter.

And a Raptor X is pointless unless you spend your day stareing at your hard drive. It has no performance increase over a regular Raptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom