Powerhouse in the Making - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-17-2006, 12:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,130
Default

K there are a few things wrong with NeedACpu's rig

1)Asus? when u can easily get a DFI LP UT SLi-DR?

2)why not get the Raptor X? its better.

3)Why not the Opteron 280? it'll woop the FX-60 ANY TIME, and its cheaper

4)dont risk $600 with XFX as from what i hear, they dont have the greatest customer service, stick with eVGA, u wont regret it

5) Im sorry what? VALUE RAM? when his budget is $4k???????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? why not get some good ones and then when he learns to OC he can make it EVEN BETTER!


EDIT: Sry if that came out wrong, didnt mean to flame.

__________________

john3 is offline  
Old 04-17-2006, 12:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 738
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by john3
K there are a few things wrong with NeedACpu's rig

1)Asus? when u can easily get a DFI LP UT SLi-DR?

2)why not get the Raptor X? its better.

3)Why not the Opteron 280? it'll woop the FX-60 ANY TIME, and its cheaper

4)dont risk $600 with XFX as from what i hear, they dont have the greatest customer service, stick with eVGA, u wont regret it

5) Im sorry what? VALUE RAM? when his budget is $4k???????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? why not get some good ones and then when he learns to OC he can make it EVEN BETTER!


EDIT: Sry if that came out wrong, didnt mean to flame.

1) I would go with the Asus over DFI if I wasnt overclocking.

2) The Raptor X isn't better you're just paying for the window on it.

3) I'm sorry the FX-60 would own the 280. The 280 is for servers and is also is not compatible with your mobo.

4) XFX is a very reliable brand and He is saving a ton of money for almost the same performace.

5) Why should he OC when he has a $4k budget? And that is not value RAM it is some of the fastest RAM out.
__________________

NeedAcpu is offline  
Old 04-17-2006, 12:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
MechEng Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,027
Send a message via AIM to cwiz
Default

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829102189

what do u guys think about the X-FI FATAL1TY? it looks like it would interface w/ a reciever better
__________________
Change the world
upgrading...
PS3 -> Folding as we speak Team# 64582
cwiz is offline  
Old 04-17-2006, 12:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 738
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by cwiz
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829102189

what do u guys think about the X-FI FATAL1TY? it looks like it would interface w/ a reciever better
Maybe it would I'm not really sure about that stuff. All that I know is the Xtreme music version is as good as the others for way cheaper.
NeedAcpu is offline  
Old 04-17-2006, 12:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,130
Default

dont waste ur money on the Fatal1yt, it is for sound freaks.

my bad about the 280, i was thinking of it in place of the 180, scrap that thought. yeah u were right aobut that.

if he has the money he should get some good ram, so that if he wants to later on he can OC it. XFX is a reliable brand but recently i have been seing posts on many forums about peoples issues with it, and i just would risk $600 with them, i would definitely go with an eVGA or MSI or Leadtek.

and i still stand strong on the DFI mobo over the Asus ANY day.

I've seen good reviews on the Raptor X, i would still recommend it.
john3 is offline  
Old 04-17-2006, 12:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 738
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by john3
dont waste ur money on the Fatal1yt, it is for sound freaks.

my bad about the 280, i was thinking of it in place of the 180, scrap that thought. yeah u were right aobut that.

if he has the money he should get some good ram, so that if he wants to later on he can OC it. XFX is a reliable brand but recently i have been seing posts on many forums about peoples issues with it, and i just would risk $600 with them, i would definitely go with an eVGA or MSI or Leadtek.

and i still stand strong on the DFI mobo over the Asus ANY day.

I've seen good reviews on the Raptor X, i would still recommend it.
XFX is as or more reliable then MSI or Leadtek. eVGA is just a step above everyone. Also yea XFX has things called warrantys too just like every other company so if it breaks just send it back. And if you're still so paranoid about getting an XFX then fine go with an eVGA whats it matter.

And a Raptor X is pointless unless you spend your day stareing at your hard drive. It has no performance increase over a regular Raptor.
__________________

NeedAcpu is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.