Power switch extension cable problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro2a

In Runtime
I installed my new motherboard last night and everything went perfect. One gripe I had about my new board is for whatever reason ASUS put the power, reset and LED switch connectors on the bottom left of the board instead of the bottom right. I literally had to pull the power switch cord through where the hard drives sit just to get the cables to reach. I even had to move my hard drives down 2 slots to make room for the cord. Even then the cord just barely made it. The LED connectors are almost tugging on the pin sitting on the motherboard. I stuck small piece of cardboard between the connectors just so it wasn't tugging on the pin. That is a temporary fix, but still the cord is very tight. I know this is not good.

I know they make extension cords, but it looks as if I have to buy each one separately. Is there anything out there that is a combo of all 3? That would be ideal. I looked around and all I could find were single cords for each connection. There is 1 power, 1 reset and 3 LED's (1 – 2 pin & 2 – 1 pin with a +/-).

Thanks for the help.

We have a power shop where I live that fabricates electrical plugs ect not sure if you have any near you. I had to have a splitter made back in the day vga to vga male or something just called down there and they made in the next day for me. Does your brand of power supply have a website that sells accessories like extenders or anything?

I did some searching but came up empty. FrozenCPU has the individual extensions but that's about all I could find in my present state of wore out. :)

Yea, I had a pretty futile attempt myself. What you listed there is about all I found as well. *Sigh* looks like I'll have to order each one individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom