Power supply suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neopopulas

Solid State Member
As a layman in this sort of thing, and after having decided to upgrade my graphic card it has some to my attention that i will need a new power supply. My current Power Supply is apparently pretty crappy (as you can see) and i'll need a new one if i'm going to make use of my New Card

Now, what i need to know is what sort of power supply do i need? Honestly i have no idea what to ask for, or look for, or what would be good. What sort of wattage i should look for, if its a specific type, should i go for a very high wattage in anticipation of upgrading further (SLI, hard drives, etc) or upgrade when i need it as the prices might drop?

Ultimately, i just don't know what i should look for that is a good PSU, with the right amount of .. well power.. that will run the new card, any ideas what i should be asking for?

I remember that PSU, I told you it was crap, wattage doesn't matter as much as 12v Rails

so you can get a 650tx online of Newegg for a steal if you plan on SLI soon (and its still a little too much power though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom