Power Supply Reccomendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty090

Baseband Member
Hey, like most building a sweet system but looking for some top reccomendations on a good 24 pin PS to go with my DFI-Lanparty board.
(I like the 500W Xconnects from Ultra but I keep hearing they r garbage)

Thanks!
Smitty

I actually just got the OCZ ModStream 450W. They do come in a 500 or 550W version though.

I have found this PSU to be quite good. I cant tell you how relable it is, as I have only had it for 24 hours:D I can tell you that the modular setup is great. You only use the cables that you need, and stick the rest back in the box for later! It had a sturdy, quality feel to it.

My only complaint about the OCZ, is that the power cord is a bit flimsy. If I would go to reposiition my PC, the power would shut off. I replaced the OCZ power cable with my old one, and now everything is working excellently.

Overall, I would give the ModStream a rating of 8.7 out of 10!

Yeah I had one of those X-Connects for about a week, and every now and then the Asus Probe program on my computer (motherboard monitor) would go off telling me one of the voltages fluctuated past more than +/- 10% or whatever. And to top it off, when I opened my case to take it out, I found out the UV lamp thing wasn't even working anymore! Not that I cared though, I only bought the one with the UV lamp because it was $40 after rebates. Right now I'm running an Enermax 460 Watt Whisper II. While it doesn't have the modular design for the wires, the main power wires do have a cool mess sleeving on them. And yeah, it is a 24 pin psu. Also, my cpu and mb temps dropped by 2* since I put in that psu probably due to the dual fans, but results would probably vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom