Power supply to power 10+ HDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeverBuilding

Beta member
Hello,

My question is what Power supply would you recommend for housing 10 HDs? My current Power supply is a Xclio 460 Watt Power Supply which has been working well with 7 HDs however I am unsure how long the stability will last. So my question is to ensure future performance and stability what power supply would you recommend that can power as much as 12 HD with little or no fluctuation.

Thanks!

(current specs are below)

AMD 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+

2 GB of RAM

Xclio 460 Watt Power Supply

Current # of HDs: 7 (total so far a little over 3 TB)

X700 ATI video Card

i am not for sure, but i would just try and keep using the power supply you are now using. Since the video card isn't using that much power or the cpu.

how about the 750TX it has 8 sata power connector's and 8 4pin peripheral connector's

i've got a quick question, why so many hard drive's for what seem's to be little storage space to me, could upgrade to a few 500gb HDD's save power and have more power connector's / space to install a few more HDD's

I was just about to say that ^^^

Ever think of consolidating? You could go the 500GB route, or get 4-750GB HDD's, or even just 3-1TB HDD's. Either way it seems like to run 7 hard drives for 3TB that's an average size of 430GB and you want to add 3 more. Might as well upgrade, right?

how about the 750TX it has 8 sata power connector's and 8 4pin peripheral connector's

i've got a quick question, why so many hard drive's for what seem's to be little storage space to me, could upgrade to a few 500gb HDD's save power and have more power connector's / space to install a few more HDD's

What type of Pin set does the 750TX Use?

As far as the question regarding HD space this is my current specs:

True, My current Machine Has the following:

1x 37.2 GB HD
2x 320 GB HD
1x 500 GB HD
3x 750 GB HD

Later on today I will be buying a Western digital 1 TB and plan to replace the 37.2 GB HD with it. Only reason the 37.2 GB has lasted as long as it has (meaning not been replaced) is mainly because thats what currently the HD that i installed my OS to and I have been lazy to transfer everything i want to keep to another HD heh. Also as a side note, my current power supply didn't have enough cables so I had to get one of those expansion cards. BTW for those curious my case is a RocketFish (I highly recommend this case to all, great price too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom