Power Supply position

Status
Not open for further replies.

relikpL

Baseband Member
Hi,

I've done plenty of research online about the position of the PSU in a case (fan up or down, toward chassis or away etc.), and my findings are conflicting so I need the help of some pros, i.e., you guys :)

I have a Cooler Master Storm case with the PSU mount on the bottom along with a ventilation grate on the bottom of the chassis. This, along with some online videos that I've seen, leads me to believe that the fan on my Corsair GS600 should be positioned downward (toward the chassis and not the mb/cpu).
Given this logic, it would suck in air from the bottom (cool air, since heat rises) and expel in from the rear before it reaches the mb/cpu.

Is this correct, and generally would you say that PSU fans should point downward regardless of their physical position? (I've yet to install a PSU with the fan pointing up)

Thank you very much

If you have the vent under the PSU slot than yes point the fan down. Your PSU will run cooler and won't rob the case of any air.

Some cases they point up because of the lack of a vent but in this case it's obviously the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom