Power Supply help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course SLI will give you a performance boost but it's noticeably better if you run games at higher resolution. So if you have a low resolution monitor you can't really get the whole benefit, so consider buying a pricey monitor at least $200 and up and maybe opt for a better power supply. You don't want to run your PSU at near full load. That's what you need to do for SLI.

SLI isn't worth it, unless you're SLIing the GTX or Ultra, playing on a 30" LCD, with 2560 x 1600 resolution.

So just stick with one card, and thats the GTS.

okay, thanks again, i've changed my setup to:

Case: XClio Windtunnel
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz
GPU: EVGA 8800GTS 320MB
RAM: G.skills or corsairs i'll decide when i'm purchasing
HDD: Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
DVD: Sony NEC Optiarc Black IDE DVD-ROM
Misc: Koutech IO-RCM620 USB 2.0 Card Reader
Misc: APEVIA CF12SL-UBL 120mm Blue LED Case Fan

this seems to me to be a pretty solid setup, and does it matter what brand gts i get, cause i saw that xfx, ausus, and a few other had gts's, most were about 30 or 40 dollars more, but the clocks speeds were higher, so i would think it'd be better to stick with the evga 320 and just overclock it myself, but i could be wrong.

and i have one more question, it's about my audio. Right now i have 4 stereo speakers. 2 or which have the 3 speaker setup, like 1 small one, and two bigger once for base in an eclosure, how would i connect all of these to my computer. They don't have the plug things attached, they are all spliced. I also have the option of two more 6x12 small speakers that i can use too which are also spliced. (not sure it this is the right place to ask, but i guess it's better than starting a new thread if i don't have too.)

thanks for all the help again. Gavin.

this seems to me to be a pretty solid setup, and does it matter what brand gts i get, cause i saw that xfx, ausus, and a few other had gts's, most were about 30 or 40 dollars more, but the clocks speeds were higher, so i would think it'd be better to stick with the evga 320 and just overclock it myself, but i could be wrong.

and i have one more question, it's about my audio. Right now i have 4 stereo speakers. 2 or which have the 3 speaker setup, like 1 small one, and two bigger once for base in an eclosure, how would i connect all of these to my computer. They don't have the plug things attached, they are all spliced. I also have the option of two more 6x12 small speakers that i can use too which are also spliced. (not sure it this is the right place to ask, but i guess it's better than starting a new thread if i don't have too.)

up please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom