Which Power Supply??Buying This Weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

konvick619

Baseband Member
Hey i'll be going to my local pc shop this weekend to buy the parts i need for my first custom pc build since i got my 2 grand now :) heres my config http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/new-build-buying-weekend-142108/
the problem is alot of people are saying the 700watt psu i chose is "overkill"
so i was wondering if the 600w version Newegg.com - OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI ATX12V 600W Power Supply 100 - 240 V CB/CE/CSA/UL/FCC - Retail
is good enough for future upgrades,possibly sli 8800gts? or i should stick with the 700watt version? and if anyone has a better mobo recommandation then the one i chose feel free to share! thanks for inputs ill be posting some pics when the build is done! and what is the recommanded number of watts for 8800gtx sli? thanks again

Next time, try to keep your questions in the same thread, because I noticed you asked this question already in your previous thread. But 600W is plenty enough for your system. It's also SLI Certified. Also, I agree with Sora from your previous thread. By the time you want to SLI 8800s, there will be a better graphic card out there, that can beat it. That's why SLI isn't really worth it. It's just an extra luxury to play at very high resolutions, such as 1600x1200 or higher....but hey, it's your money.

Like i said in your other thread the 700w might be overkill but its a good brand so you cant go wrong really, if you can afford the 700w then go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom