Power Supply Blew Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just assuming it is the power supply....I guess it could be the mobo....I hope it is just the power supply.

I witnessed a Zalman PSU Quit today... Right out of the box..

I was at the local tech shop picking up my GB MoBo, they hooked it up to show me that it posts and as soon as he turned it on it quit. Switched PSU's to an identical one and my board posted. :D

Just thought I'd share.

Have you had a look through your computer to check the cables and whatnot, once one of my power cables came out because of the tight fit through cable management, luckily i think the computer was off when it actually disconnected because it never shut down on me just wouldn't power on. It does sound like a psu issue though, just hope it's not an issue where it takes a long time to figure out.

I have checked the cables to make sure that they were not loose.

I will know in a day or two.

I am just thinking power supply, because the pc makes no noise, no lights...absolutely nothing.

I witnessed a Zalman PSU Quit today... Right out of the box..

I was at the local tech shop picking up my GB MoBo, they hooked it up to show me that it posts and as soon as he turned it on it quit. Switched PSU's to an identical one and my board posted. :D

Just thought I'd share.

that dosent sound good, cause i have a 750w zalman PSU. it's been running strong since the day i got it. got my q9300 up to 4ghz on it :D hope mine dont die.

^ It was a 650w. Yeah, that always makes one nervous hearing about witnessing a loss first hand.

But at least you'll know.. I thought my PSU went back when I had my M3A32 Mobo with a Rosewill 650w PSU... I bought all new supplies, and took my 650 out and put it down.. :( I blew a number of holes in it for target practice with my Springfield XD45 ACP. Turns out the BOARD was bad.. So I shot up a perfectly good PSU.. :( I dunno.. Maybe the PSU went out, we'll never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom