Power Supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Hey, im slowly slowly building more ideas for my new rig. Im going for either Quad Crossfire or Sli with a 2.93ghz Core i7.

Now, i just wanted to know if OCZ makes decent powersupplies and how they compare to Antec and Corsair...

OCZ GameXStream 1010W SLI [OCZ1010GXSSLI] - $235.00 : PC Case Gear, Quality case accessories and components

Thats the OCZ one i was thinking of because its cheap.

The Corsair 750TX is $180 for comparison. If i was to go for a better brand, but above 700w i would buy this one:

Antec TruePower Quattro 850W [TPQ-850] - $235.00 : PC Case Gear, Quality case accessories and components

So help. Is the OCZ a great psu??

I personally haven't had any problems with OCZ PSUs however; I would go for the Corsair one as I think they are better. My current one has lasted quite a long time and has never failed or even burped in the wrong direction.

Corsair is slightly better than Antec, but theyre both made by Seasonic, with some Antecs being manufatured by FSP Group and Enhance also. I would rank OCZ just under, but they do own Pc Power and Cooling now which i would rank right next to corsair (all their designs are single-railed).

Both psu's you linked are great, but i would go with the Quattro due to the modular design which makes case cleanup and wire management much better and easier.

So i wont have any issues running quad crossfire or tri sli with a 850w Antec?

I dont have any experience with those high end setups, but there is a 1000watt quattro as well.

Antec TruePower Quattro 1000W Antec TruePower Quattro 1000W [TPQ-1000] - $279.00 : PC Case Gear, Quality case accessories and components

This is the Enhance built Antec i was referring too, its a monster psu:
Antec Signature Series 850W PSU Antec Signature Series 850W PSU [SG-850] - $289.00 : PC Case Gear, Quality case accessories and components

With a 850 you could run four 150watts cards which would come out to 600watts and leave 250 for the system. Most guys to be safe go with a 1000watt or higher for the extra headroom to oc and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom