Power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Type-R 580W, which I'm using in my rig right now. It's pretty good.

Right now, it's running:
AMD 6000+
8800 GTS 320MB
5 hard drives
1 DVD burner
total of 10 fans (not including the ones inside it)

ok so a question. is quad rails better than single rails? what's truly the difference?
I prefer less rails with more power.
quad rails just means they split 12V into four separate circuits.

first of all, I'm currently reading a review on it (EXTREME Overclocking - Hiper Type-R 580W Modular Power Supply Review - Page: 5 - Tweaking PC Hardware To The Max) and thus far I'm liking what I'm reading. second off, this is the first PSU that has a model that has the connectors coming out the bottom!! Hiper Modular II Type-R 730W Power Supply - SLI Ready - Gloss Silver Products Model: HPU-4S730 [HPU-4S730] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
I don't know if I like this, as it replaces the 120 mm fan, but it is cool, and would be really interesting for a different sort of cable management.
a note on the rails. so I was correct in searching for PSU's with a single? if it's as stable as you two put it at, then I think I'll go for it. does newegg sell this bad puppy? guess I'll go try to find it lol

so well that your not using it anymore and bought a new one? :confused:

My Hiper Type-R 580W is in the pc im writing this on. Ive hardcore gamed, left it on for practically 3 years, overclocked and it still as good as the first day. You even get a lil toolbox with it :D put all pc bips and bops in there (my old radeon pro 9800pro is in there :D)

If your talking about my sig build.. i need to upgrade to new pc bad, a whole new build. And my Hiper 580 can stay in this comp which will be my secondary computer.. (home network, lan gaming, HTPC)

Hope that cleared it up for ya lol :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom