Power to graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bankfishin

Baseband Member
Ok so I have everything on the board and now have a mess of power cables to hook up. I have
SAPPHIRE 100186L Radeon X1950XT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 VIVO HDCP Video Card - Retail and the directions on the package show a diagram connecting the card to the power supply and then to the hard drive. I have

CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply - Retail

And don't have any cords that look like they will do this. Do I just hook the graphics card to the psu and then use something else to connect to the hard drive? So confusing. Both cords I have for the psu to graphics card have a 6-pin PCI express connection. But on one end they have this 2 hole connection do I need that? All the help is appreciated.

Alright, so you just hooked up your PSU. Do you see the 6pin to 4pin Molex connector? Well, you connect that 6pin side to your VGA and the 4pin Molex connector to one of your 4pin Molex connector on your PSU.

Ok I did that. I was just wondering about the diagram that came with the graphics card. It shows another connection being made to a 4 pin male connection on the hard drive. Is this just extra?

That's if you're using an Ultra-ATA HDD. Then it'll require an IDE cable along with that 4pin Molex connector. If you have a S-ATA HDD, then you connect your S-ATA data cable to your S-ATA slot and you use the S-ATA power connector on the PSU to connect it to your HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom