Power Consumption Worries [Yes, again lol]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoad

Daemon Poster
Yep, now its my turn to whip 'n' whine about which PSU I Oughta get... as im already kind of over-budget I don't want to spend TOO much on the psu.. so I found out that has high Watt range [470W] for not too much $$.. question is will it work with this rig:

CPU: Pentium D 940 [dual core 3.2ghz]
Mobo: Asus P5LD2 LGA775
GPU: Connect3d Radeon X1800XT 512MB GDDR3
Case: Tt XaserV Damier 5000A [5 fans included..]

and of course a CPU Fan, [in this case a Gigabyte Rocket 3D Pro]

the PSU I looked into:

http://www.thermaltake.com/demo/w008990TR2/w008990.htm
Code:
OUTPUT 
             +3.3V    +5V     +12V1    +12V2     -12V    +5VSB 
Max. Load     22A     32A       14A    15A       0.3A       2A 
Min. Load    0.5A    0.5A      1.0A    1.0A       0.0A    0.0A
will this do? Theres some trick here with two +12V rails.. but the Amp's rate ain't that great...

that seems nice

go with antec or enermax though
( imo )

they both have budget 500 watt psu's that are amazing

i cant comment on the psu you are looking at cause ive never used one except that it will work with your system fine. just cutting it close on power i think

nearly all modern psus have dual +12v rails its better that way , anyway for the price antec truepower2 430w will be a much better choice , better amps & 3yrs warranty

lol for me it costs almost x2 to get any kind of antec... i dont live in the states and my currency is NIS [new israeli shekels]

anyway another nice PSU I found out, and i'll probably go with is this one:

Code:
TOP-550P5 

Voltage           3.3V 5V 12V1 12V2 -5V -12V 5Vsb
Max spilt current  28A 40A 20A 20A 0.8A 1.0A 2.5A
                            \   /
                              |
                            35A

Max combine power  210W 420W 28W

if ur on a tight budget get an Antec SmartPower, or if you can mange it a TruePOwer, Thermaltake isnt known for its PSUs.

Well I already said, antec's are too overpriced in my country, and i think i'll be going with the TOPOWER they dont seem too shabby :)

x2 12v rail that has each 20A rate that altogether gives an 35Amp's rate... should be more than enough for any rig

??? How did you reach the slightest conclusion that I will own an SLI 7900 GTX? How did you even reach the idea that i'll own an SLI What so ever?? lolol

Don't jump into conclusions my friend, I have said the exact system specs I've got, and no, surprisingly there wasn't an 7900GTX SLI :x, i'm actualy going with ATI lol..

Anyway, back to the topic, the sain topic lol..

So okay I THINK i can affored an Antec TruePower 480W.. but compared to the TOPOWER, his +12v Amp's are lower... so which will do better? And don't run around screaming how stupid I am to chose anything over antec, because im interested in solid facts and not some brand's fan opinions... [If you have a reasonable clue why I should go with Antec instead TOPOWER then please reply, i'd gladly listen! :) ]

haha your a good man yoad

the reason i would go with antec(which may not be the best one) is because they are a reliable well known psu provider

when it comes to computer parts(and car parts, actually anything in general) its always best to get something well know that you know wont let you down then with something that not many people have or that isnt very well known.

plus when i went to the Topower sight they had a case that looked EXACTLY like mine from aspire without my side window and as many fans but a little cheaper(which doesnt give me a good opinion on them) by the way the case im talking about is on the homepage and its the 2nd picture tp-960x. it looks like my Aspire x-superalien if you want to compare

anyway thats why i would pick antec over them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom