2 GB Corsair XMS 4-4-4-12 DDR2 800 RAM
150GB WD Raptor 10,000 rpm HD
500GB Seagate 7200.10 7,200 rpm HD
Samsung 18x DVD / 52x CD-R combo drive w/lightscribe
52 in 1 (ROFL) media card reader
BFG 1,000w PSU

Windows Vista Ultimate (32 bit)
19'' Samsung widescreen Syncmaster

This is a good baseline system and once the price of the 8800 GTX lowers a bit i am going to trade up my 8800GTS through EVGAs trade up program for a 8800 GTX and purchase another 8800 GTX to run them in SLI. I also plan to purchase an additional 2GB of Corsair XMS as well as another 500GB HD or two. I feel that this system will take me well into the future especially since my board can seat an Intel Kentsfield. One slight problem though.......

Finally got my Raptor drive and my copy of Vista from UPS yesterday installed the HD, connected the monitor, and prepared for ignition. I hit the power button and.......NOTHING. I checked the power supply switch and it was in the off postion, "AHA!" how dumb i felt, i flipped it on and prepared for ignition again. I flipped the switch a second time and.......NOTHING.

**** ! Now i am ticked, i have no fan spin, no 3 beeps of doom, no nothing. I double checked my ATX 24pin connection and my ATX 12volt connection and they are both good. I am reconnecting the front panel headers after lunch to make sure the power button is connected right, but i am a very careful person and i am sure that it was connected correctly to begin with.

Basically i need some ideas as to what could be wrong from experienced system builders. My current theory is either the power button connection or the power supply is borked because i am getting NO spin, NO beeps, etc. Im double checking all of my connections but i took 8 hours to do it right the first time. I just find it hard to believe that a $250 PSU would be a DOA on delivery, but then again stranger things have happend.

ANY input would be appreciated, thanks.

You might test a different PSU and test your current PSU in another system to rule it out... It may also be your board. It is more common than you think for High-end items to arrive DOA. I once purchased a Mobo for around $300 and it was DOA. If you PSU tests alright on another machine I would assume that it's something to do with your motherboard.

Kidwell28

I had the same issue.. and for me it was the front panel power switch connector.. I had it in the wrong socket.

lol phantom that made me laugh almost as bad as when i spent two days wondering why my chassis intrusion detector went off and aborted boot-up every time i turned on my computer found out it was because I would get the warning open the case play with the wires and then close the case but the chassis warning would come up as an error after one boot-up so If I had just left it with the case on a nd turned it on then it would of been fine.

Matt

Thanks for the suggestions kidwell and phantom. There is no evidence that anything is wrong with the mobo because the case fans arent spinning and they arent attached to the mobo. I double checked the connection for the "pwr sw" wire it was fine, but i disconnected it and then reconnected it just to be sure.... still nothing. Finally i pulled the PSU out and tested it with my old Pentium 4 1.8ghz which works just fine..........no startup.

gg BRICKED PSU. I have never supported BFG products since a bad experience with one of their GeForce 3 Ultras so many years back but it was rated 5 eggs on Newegg and it had really good reviews. So far i have purchased 2 BFG products in my lifetime and both have bricked, such is my luck.

RMA process will be started tomorrow; and we wait..........

lol phantom that made me laugh almost as bad as when i spent two days wondering why my chassis intrusion detector went off and aborted boot-up every time i turned on my computer found out it was because I would get the warning open the case play with the wires and then close the case but the chassis warning would come up as an error after one boot-up so If I had just left it with the case on a nd turned it on then it would of been fine.

Matt

Thats whicked HAHAHAHA...lol...

I know on my motherboard there is a green light that determines if there is power to the system. Do you see any lights on the board before you attempt to start up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom