Potential Ryzen build

mikee

Fully Optimized
I am wondering if anyone here has build a system with AMD ryzen. If so how are you liking it? Are there any bugs that you noticed so far? In my research I have come across people having issues that need bios upgrades just for the system to work.

I do occasional gaming I play games like Beamng drive, 7 days to die, rust, GTA V
These are the parts I am considering so far.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WgcNjc

My SSD and HDDs are going to be transferred from my current computer as well as the graphics card.

What do you guys think? I might not be building this until june though its just a starting idea

Just get the 1500 instead of the 1500x. Otherwise I don't see anything wrong with it. Take note from the points I make in the other person's thread about 1080p gaming though.

At the end of the month I'm building a rig for a friend with a 1600 in it. Genuinely excited to be building with another AMD rig.

So overclock to game at 1080p? I can game at 1080p on my current rig at stock mostly getting in the 40s and 50s fps. Except for beamng drive runs very low fps when several things are going on in game.

Edit I don't see any reference to a plain ryzen 1500 there seems to only be a 1500X

Last edited:
The 1400 exists though:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113437

And AMD isnt the only one with a odd naming scheme

Is that even much better than what I have now?

I found this comparison but it doesn't make much sense. The ryzen is a "battle cruiser" while my current processor is a "speedboat."

Would it be a worthwhile upgrade still? My main uses of my computer are for doing school work, playing GTA V, 7 days to die, Rist, BeamNG drive. Beamng drive runs pretty bad on this computer for some reason especially when I have some other AI cars going on the same map and when I crash hard and the car flies apart the game literally hesitates for half a second then the car flies apart at a lower framerate. The real odd thing is that my laptop doesn't do that as bad as my desktop. :/

Yes it would be better then your Phenom II listed in your sig.
Anything in the Ryzen series will be better.
Go quad core for gaming alone, the 1500X should be a good choice as is the 1400.
Ifd you are going to post on youtube then yes go for more cores but on a pure gaming rig quad core will be the best.

AI instances and CPU based physics require lots of single threaded performance. Ryzen IPC is much better than your current processor and even the R5 1400 would be a good deal faster. BeamNG is just going to be one of those games that will probably never run properly.

Doesn't matter too much. Once you upgrade to Ryzen your GPU will be the bottleneck. Your Phenom 2 is 7 years old, any Ryzen chill will show an improvement.

Back
Top Bottom