Potential Gaming PC Build, Input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weathered

Beta member
Price Range: 800-900

I went to a specs shop today and heres the list of what the guy gave me, do me a favor and tell me theres a cheaper motherboard that would work fine because the one he gave me is set for 16gb of ram when I only need like 6 if i ever want to upgrade this PC and I have 0 interest in the second slot for another GPU.

X4 A55: $148
4gb Kinston: $40
Asus M4A8 in-v $134 Cheaper solutions?
500gb HDD $40
...Duntew? (No idea wtf this is) $25
Win 7 premium $118
Case: he gave me two options, unfortunately he didn't write down the names, one was $50, he told me it would work fine but if I did have cooling problems it could most likely be fixed with a $12 fan addition, the other case was $80, he said I would have zero problems, and he did say I'd probably not have an issue with the first one either, leaning towards the $50

Psu, 680 watt, $75

total (before GPU)

630 dollars for the cheapest solution out of what he gave me, gpu's, he recommended the 5770 from last gen, or the 6850 from this gen, he told me the 6850 would be about a 60% increase from the 5770, and after checking comparisons on the utube, I see he wasn't lying. I'm pretty much set on the 6850. The current sale at the store is $200

$830, 12 percent tax, with tax it would be $929.6

So, what recommendations should I make to cut down the price a bit? And are there any cheaper solutions for the motherboard? Or is that sort of the norm for a gaming motherboard?

Thanks guys, hit me.

I'd say go with this build, it's better:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/build-friend-239978/

To improve performance get this cpu/mobo combo for $15 more:
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

And this gpu for $30 more:
Newegg.com - XFX HD-587X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5870 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

The upgrades are of course optional, only if you want more performance and are willing to spend a little more. And if you want a different case, that's your choice. And if 500GB isn't big enough of a hard drive, just get a larger WD Caviar black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom