Potential CPU Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest starting out by buying a new case. Preferably a roomy mid-size or Full Tower. Then you'll be able to upgrade without all the limitations of that Craptacular piece of HP Engineering :D

That's true, this case is very small, hardly any room at all really. It seems like I have some looking around to do ;). Thanks for the input guys, I'll probably decide what I'm going to do in the next few days after some thinking time.

I lol'ed at your HP comment, pretty funny :D.

Not sure if this has been said, but the 940 will NOT work in your motherboard. Your motherboard has a TDP limitation of 95W. You could fit a new mATX board, as it looks as if the motherboard has a "standard" mATX layout.

Thanks for that, I think I abandoned that idea now though. Now that I've thought about it for a while I'll probably end up just getting a gpu heatsink and wait a while then build a new system. I was going to get a new motherboard but slay brought up a good point about the case, then if I got a new bigger case I would get a new bigger motherboard that would most likely not work with my processor, then I would need to get a new processor. Pretty much a whole new system then haha. So I'll just wait some until maybe the spring, or sooner if I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom