Possibly a dumb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxfirexx

Baseband Member
Ok so I got my order today but my video card is currently on backorder so it will prolly comes next week. My mb is a asus p5q and I think it doesnt have on board video. I dont have any spare video cards so is it possible to build the computer without it and install the OS? And if so how

With no video card it will be extremely hard to install windows. It is kind of hard to answer install questions when you cannot see them.

Wait for your card unless you know someone who could lone you one.

I know it is hard to wait. Patience is a virtue.

If it doesn't have onboard video he'd have no way of plugging his monitor into anything to see what he's doing..

Your topic title attracted me. Yeah, if you have no onboard video and no video card, then you wouldn't be able to see anything on your screen as others have said.

Ok I built the computer. Just want to double check some stuff

1) I connect two power cables to my mb - 24 pin and 4 pin correct?
2) Only 2 wires connect to the HD (WD 320gb)- power and sata cable? (their is another connector their but I think its for legacy power?)
3) I have a antec 300 case and the fans have connectors that fit the powersupply so I assume it goes their and not into the mb?
4) On the asus p5q pro the memory have to go into the same color dims rite?

Anyways I think I connected everything correctly but I just want to double check. The intel heatsink was a ***** and took 30 mins to install but other than that it went smooth. The case has messy wiring but I'll clean it up later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom