Possible upgrade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhOsT

Baseband Member
hey everyone,
im new to the forums,

first off id like to just mention that these forums have helped me many times with hardware qwuestions and just general hardware talk, so i decided to join.

First off my current system is as follows:

AMD 64 3200+
1 gig DDR ram
XFX 6800 GT AGP8X

As i am aware that this system is still quite a decent system, i have been looking into the new hardware avaliable. My CPU isnt anything special anymore and 1 gig of ram is minimal. My question is.....should i upgrade soon to 2 gigs and say a 3700+ or should i wait and do a total rebuild on a new system when windows vistia, directX 10 and the new physX cards come avaliable ? also when games and other such programs start utlising dual core....say a AMD 64 X2 4400+ or something.

dude
dont go to vista it is the dark side

and if you upgrade i would go with a 4800 manchester 2 gigs of ocz plat and sli'd 7800gtx's or whatever is top of the line then

id wait ti'll later... i am more conservative when it comes to stuff like this. Im going to try and stretch 7 years out of this build ;-)

how is vista the dark side, its going to offer such a upgrade to graphics and the capabilities to games.....have u seen the footage of DX10....its amazing. Im just not sure if its worth buying a 7800GTX when i have a 6800GT, i dont feel i will see much of a difference when the DX10 cards will be coming out next year....

comments ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom