Possible upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I didn't see this or I would have responded already. Besides, it had been more than 24 hours so it technically isn't a double post. ;)

I have a few questions now however. First off will this be a noticeable increase in performance, I have an phenom II x3 BE that can overclock well, does this overclock well?

Yes, it will be a performance increase and the 750 does OC well.

Another option would be to go with six cores:
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX
&
GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

$282

I would go with this RAM either way. You have to manually adjust it in the BIOS for the AMD but it still works.
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM

Also, I am on vista now but will be switching to windows 7. Now, will I have to erase everything off my hard drive? Or will i be able to pop in a new mobo, cpu, and ram and plug everything in and just do a few updates and go? What is the best way to do this? Thanks in advance
Unless it is an upgrade installation of 7 you will have to reinstall everything anyway, but changing out the motherboard necessitates reinstalling Vista and/or 7. Back up your data, download and run Belarc Advisor to generate a list of everything you have installed (print it and use it as a list for reinstallation), and then use GParted to partition your disk when you are ready to install Win7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom