Possible stupid Q... X4 vs X2..

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Good gawd that processor's expensive!! AMD's got 9950's for like $190-$240.. Tryin to figure out this Intel stuff is like tryin to learn a new language.. At least the RAM didn't change.. :lol:

What you siad earlier is basically what I was lookin for.. Now I would like to try to figure out why it is that AMD seems to be lagging.. My buddy SWEARS by them and he built this rig I have now, and I just took it over from there.. It was a basic $400 budget first build.. Now I want Gaming! :D

The #'s like E8500 and x2 6400, is that the Mhz of the CPU?? (I think it's Mhz..)

processorsfx6.png

You just made AMD look so bad lol.

the e8500 will smoke the 6400, especially wehen you overclock it to 4+ ghz, which is UNTOUCHABLE by any chip AMD makes (unfortunately).
the phenom is a good choice for $190 if you are looking at a q9550 which costs $325 if you need to save the cash. or you can look at the q9400 and costs 275, it has 6mb of cache...but will likely still be faster overall than the phenom.
if saving money is not an issue and you want the fastest chip availible, intel is the way to go. lol i cant believe im saying that, but it is true.

Intel is beyond the level of school yard *******s. Yet their 45nm Quads and Duals are just BEAST.

That E8500 is 45nm while the X2 6400+ is 90nm.... the E8500 is 65 watts while the X2 6400+ is 125 watts...... The E8500 has 6 MB of L2 cache while the X2 6400+ has only 2 MB.

To put it simply its like David Vs Goliath all over again.

I would go with a phenom and am2+ board and then upgrade when deneb comes out (45nm amd quadcore which seems to be good at this point). Since CPU upgrades are among the easiest imo I think this would be a better idea since socket 775 will be going bye bye soon.

AMD quads are not too bad and there is a rumor about smoothness compared to intel quads, regardless for gaming a phenom will serve you well.

The E8500 has 6 MB of L2 cache while the X2 6400+ has only 2 MB.

not apples to oranges, amigo. the cache size makes little to no difference in the AMD chips.

if you are going to go AMD, id just get a cheapo x2 5400 black edition that you can overclock and then get the deneb quad when it comes out instead of buying a phenom now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom