possible new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
no problem, and thanks for all the help :)

when you said the heatsink is crappy where you talking about the one on the Phenom, or the on the Q6600?

Both, stock coolers blow hard on Dual cores and its even worse on Quad-Cores

thats why a Arctic Freezer Pro 7/64 atleast is a good investment

If you are willing to spend more on the motherboard the evga 750i ftw is a great board.

Newegg.com - EVGA 123-YW-E175-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i FTW SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

I found a really good deal on a case and power supply (only lasts till April 30) but the power supply doesn't have an 8 pin connector. What are the main benefits of the evga 750i ftw vs. ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX?

Here is a link the the case with the power supply Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Smilodon Extreme ATX-612WEBP Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply - Computer Cases

the eVGA 750i FTW, is based on the 780i chipset, except the 750i FTW doesn't have Tri-SLI support (which is overrated anyways)

the eVGA 750i FTW, is based on the 780i chipset, except the 750i FTW doesn't have Tri-SLI support (which is overrated anyways)

Is it worth it to go with the eVGA 750i FTW worth the extra $50 instead of the ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX?

I think this is the psu that comes with that case.

Newegg.com - RAIDMAX RX-500S ATX12V 500W Power Supply 100 - 120V/ 200 - 240V cUL, TUV, CE, CB, FCC - Power Supplies

I would not use that power supply because it is on the list of brands to avoid in the Updated Power supply guide You would be much better of with a Corsair 550vx or 520hx.

nice eye, I didn't even notice the part about the case when I posted my response, maybe he edited his post...

but w.e you're right, Raidmax is both an avoid brand, and its integrated, thats double trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom