a possible build, plz critique?

Status
Not open for further replies.
should I switch my psu to like a thermaltake or antec? I would go corsair but they are a bit pricey... like this one or not enough power?

Newegg.com - THERMALTAKE TR2 500W Power Supply ATX12V V2.0 - Retail

should i also get better case fans? or any other fans other than just the arctic freezer 7?

No Thermaltake PSU's are not recommended until the Toughpower series. The RP550 comes with a higher recommendation than that one.

The RP550 is an excellent PSU really as long as you have a well ventilated case which the Centurion 5. No problems there man I was going to get an RP550 for myself until I was offered an Ultra X-Finity in a trade.

That is a great monitor for the money. Hanns-G makes good quality and value monitors

OK, I will go with that one than. I am all ready to go, I think. My brother is helping me build an awesome sound system and everything so if I need a sound card, he will help me with that. *Is nervous* I'm going to order my parts in an hour or so.

LOL. Thank you for all the help, everyone! I'll return the favor by helping others where I can. But I think that all this was the easy part... I've never built a comp before.

Do I need thermalpaste or anything?

The thermal pad, that comes with the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro, is already good enough. So you don't have to really worry about that.

I just ordered most of it. I decided to hold off on ordering the monitor and CPU until I get my next paycheck, but I ordered everything else. Will post pics upon arrival and build completion... with many more questions in between!

wowhoaweewah! lol. most of my parts came in today. I just need to get my monitor and processor yet. i'm so excited but at the same time so nervous... there is so much stuff and so mucc\h to read. im kinda worried im gonna mess it up, lol. i'll post pics as soon as i get everything in.

Hershey? hah! you live near sora and i :p

well good luck, just be careful, read a lot, and dont force anything in... but the ram sometimes needs to be pushed in, but be careful you dont try to put it in the wrong way, theres a notch that meets up with the mobo... i have the same mobo and so do many others, its a VERY good overclocker. tell me how that psu is, im thinking about getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom