Poor Mans Gaming PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kid

In Runtime
Hello, and sorry that i couldnt come up with a better thread name, oh well, on to the case at hand!

I live in a family of people who believe computers are the tools of the devil! (kinda) And if i was to ever get my own pc, i would buy it with my own money, which is what i did, know i want to know if its decent, or if i screwed my self by buyin obsolete equipment.
The Specs:

Mobo: ASUS a78nx-e delux
CPU: AMD Athlon XP +3000 Barton Core
RAM: 512mb PC3200 consair value select ram
Videocard: 128 Nvidia FX5200
HD: Hand me down 30gb drive
Standard CDRW
On board 5.1 surround sound,
Oh, and a Zyxel 108mbs Wireless card, ( irun it at 11mbs though)

Im a gamer, and was wondering if this setup was decent, or if its a box that collects dust in your terms.

Right now, i play eve-online on it, and thats about it. Who knows, maybe christmas will grant me some upgrades for FEAR and Quake 4! :)

How much did you pay for it?

Its not bad. Systems like those are getting old, but if you need a cheap system, thats still a option.

i payed $300 bucks, as a job at krogers doesnt pay well (im 14, so not alot of options)

Haha, wow, nice. Except for the hard drive, thats a VERY good system for the price. You didn't get ripped off at all. If you compare that to what you'd get for the same price for a DELL PC, your PC is BETTER.

But like I said, you might want a get a newer Hard Drive.

well that will play games like quake 3 and ut2004 on lowest settings... but not much more than that.

Wow thats nice that it is a cheap system. I still cant believe only 300$ cant beat that

003 said:
well that will play games like quake 3 and ut2004 on lowest settings... but not much more than that.

Actually it'll play Quake 3 at max settings and UT2004 at mid settings..

well, i got the HD, video card, and a case w/powersupply, monitor, and i bought $30 speakers, so i guess i cheated my way out of, say $175?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom