pn1 and pn2 cables????help

Status
Not open for further replies.

oinkypig

Solid State Member
hey i got the jpac computer 411(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811217015) computer case and a radeon x850 pro 256mb, creative extreme music sound card, and a gig of ram. the case came with some pn1 and pn2 cables for the leds and the power buttons and all. i have no idea on how to install these. btw i swithced mmy dell 4600 mobo into the jpac 411 case, but i just cant figure out where they go!!!!please help me:confused:

Well, did you take note to where the front panel power/reset wires of the Dell 4600 case connected to? That's were you'd attach the new cases wires too.

But, from what I remember, the 4600 has a "Dell Specific" cable and connecter coming from the front panel to the motherboard. I'm not sure even if you did find the right place that the connecters on the new case would even be compatible with the motherboard.

When using parts from a dell to rebuild a new system it normally means buying a new "motherboard, case, power supply and operating system." Sometimes new ram.

yes i did but is there a certain arrangement to how the wires are put on or do i just stick them on till i get them right

oinkypig said:
yes i did but is there a certain arrangement to how the wires are put on or do i just stick them on till i get them right

Well, normally when you buy an after market motherboard, there will be documentation that will show you the layout of the front panel connecters on the motherboard. But, since it's a dell motherboard, there probably won't be any documentation.

Here I found this:
techov10.jpg

What does the connecter look like coming from the front panel of the Dell 4600 CASE. Does it look like the connecters on you're new case?
I bet it doesn't. That's because Dell uses proprietary designs in almost every aspect of their systems. Which makes it really hard to alter a dell at all.

You could try connecting various connectors to various pins. But if what I said above is true. It could be impossible.

It doesn't look good seeing as that layout says, "Front Panel I/O Connector" Hence 1 connector. You're case I can almost say 99.9% has more then 1. Reset, Power LED, HDD LED, audio... etc..

the front panel i/o connector is the plug u put the usb and sound device cable in located on the front bottom of the computer. the contrl panel is where you place the power and reset button cables

Oh ok. But, it still looks to be like a specific connector.

You could try it. The worst that will happen is it won't work. You won't hurt anything. Just try plugging the new case wires into the control panel pins... Trail and error...

this is going to take sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long:mad:
oh and i was wondering could i take the computer to like officemax and have thm take a look at it and figure it outdo they do that?

I don't think you understand what i'm trying to say.

ok. If both the Control Panel & I/O Connectors on the motherboard that connect to the front panel of the Dell 4600 case are special connecters, the the chances of anyone getting that new cases connecters to work are virtually ZERO.

Inside the front panel of that case is probably a small piece of PCB board, or circuitboard that the wires connected to. That is why the connecter is special and not universial. This is one of the things that Dell does to make upgrading impossible.

So basically what i'm saying is you'll need a new motherboard. Then of course you'll needed an operating system to reinstall. The operating syste that came with the Dell will not work.

That's why i said in my original post you'll need a "motherboard, case, power supply and operating system."

Welcome to the world of **** Computers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom