PLZ help with build

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ What is the OP looking to WC? Just the CPU Loop? NOW the 320 rad will suffice... :lol:

Here are some of the parts you will need. Try and stay away from the 'package deals' or mainstream kits.. -Sub-par components. When you purchase the parts, just pay attention to if the fittings/barbs are or are NOT included with the items.

Pump (Wow.. Petra's Prices are cheaper!)
Danger Den / Laing DDC-12V Center Inlet 18 Watt Version 3.2 - FrozenCPU.com

Pump TOP, helps the flow.
Petra's Tech Shop

Rez.. Depending on how much room you have in your case.
Micro Rez
Petra's Tech Shop

Pump top AND Rez (Don't need the pump top as listed above)
Petra's Tech Shop

CPU Block
Petra's Tech Shop

I'll let Burn pick out the radiator.. Still not sure what will be cooled other than the CPU. Should he go with 1/2" or 3/8" for this?

GPU: (X2) BFG geforce 9800 gx2 maybe gtx 280,285, i would like the 295 h2o but i think they run like 600+, for the 9800gx2 there 356.99 each
What about pny Geforce 9800, $105@Newegg

PSU: ultra x4 1050w sli ready - 249.97
1050w? O_O
How about a corsair 850TX?

PROCESSOR: Intel core I7 920 2.66 GHz quad core - 309.97
I have the I7 860.
Or you could Go extreme for $1000 (A bit expensive)

HARD DRIVE: WD velociraptor 150 GB HD 10,000 rpm 16 mb sata-3 - 237.99
Umm... May i recommend a Hitachi Deskstar Sata 3G/s 1TB $89.99@Newegg
Its not as fast, but a lot cheaper+More space. Limited time offer

OS - was thinking on staying with xp but from 32 to 64 but not sure if i should try vista
You could Get Windows 7 Pro x64 OEM $150@Newegg

You don't need to take my suggestions, but im just throwing them out there.
You may be able to save a bit of money by cutting back a bit. Buy a couple more games :tongue:

^^ Ditch XP... Personally, I can't STAND that OS anymore.. Such a pain to add any kind of new hardware without jumping thru hoops to find the darn drivers and support software for it.. I'll never install Xp on another computer again.. I USED to love it, but I've grown to find Vista more convenient in many ways. I'll pick up 7 eventually..

Pump: DDC3.2/Swiftech MCP355 - $65.95
Swiftech MCP355 12v DC Pump

Pump Top: XSPC Reservoir Top (Currently out of stock; a lot of places are for some reason...) - $39.95
XSPC Acrylic Reservoir for Laing DDC

CPU Block: Swiftech Apogee XT - $79.95
Swiftech Apogee XT CPU Waterblock

Radiator: Swiftech MCR-320 - $48.95
Swiftech MCR320-QP Quiet Power 3X120mm - Black

Tubing: I like 1/2" ID (Inner Diameter) 3/4" OD (Outer Diameter)
Clear: Durelene PVC tubing 1/2in. ID x 3/4in. OD by Saint-Gobain - $.69 (Out of stock)
Colored: Feser Tube - FT - Active UV Hose - ID 1/2" - UV BLUE - $2.95
Feser Tube - FT - Active UV Hose - ID 1/2" - UV BLACK - $2.95
Feser Tube - FT - Active UV Hose - ID 1/2" - UV WHITE - $2.95
You want about 15 feet, that way you have extra if you ever want to add/redo your loop. -Price varies depending on what you get, but I'll say ~$40

CLAMPS: ALWAYS USE CLAMPS. Personal Preference as to which ones; I use zip ties, some like worm drive, others like herbie clamps...
Worm Drive: Breeze Miniature Hose Clamp 7/16 in. to 25/32 in. $.39
Herbie: Herbie Clip® Nylon Hose Clamp Size H - Black (out of stock...) $.25 (out of stock...)
I always like to buy extra. Price varies b/w how many you will get, I'll estimate $5

Barbs: ALWAYS make sure the barb's ID matches up with your tubing ID. If they don't, it won't work... Barbs are also personal preference. However I like these:
Bitspower G 1/4in. Silver Shining Fitting for 1/2in. Tubing #BP-WTP-C01 - $2.50 each
I always like to buy extra barbs too, just in case I ever need them... ~$25

All that is about $305 + Shipping

Pump: DDC3.2/Swiftech MCP355 - $65.95
Swiftech MCP355 12v DC Pump

Pump Top: XSPC Reservoir Top (Currently out of stock; a lot of places are for some reason...) - $39.95
XSPC Acrylic Reservoir for Laing DDC

CPU Block: Swiftech Apogee XT - $79.95
Swiftech Apogee XT CPU Waterblock

Radiator: Swiftech MCR-320 - $48.95
Swiftech MCR320-QP Quiet Power 3X120mm - Black

Tubing: I like 1/2" ID (Inner Diameter) 3/4" OD (Outer Diameter)
Clear: Durelene PVC tubing 1/2in. ID x 3/4in. OD by Saint-Gobain - $.69 (Out of stock)
Colored: Feser Tube - FT - Active UV Hose - ID 1/2" - UV BLUE - $2.95
Feser Tube - FT - Active UV Hose - ID 1/2" - UV BLACK - $2.95
Feser Tube - FT - Active UV Hose - ID 1/2" - UV WHITE - $2.95
You want about 15 feet, that way you have extra if you ever want to add/redo your loop. -Price varies depending on what you get, but I'll say ~$40

CLAMPS: ALWAYS USE CLAMPS. Personal Preference as to which ones; I use zip ties, some like worm drive, others like herbie clamps...
Worm Drive: Breeze Miniature Hose Clamp 7/16 in. to 25/32 in. $.39
Herbie: Herbie Clip® Nylon Hose Clamp Size H - Black (out of stock...) $.25 (out of stock...)
I always like to buy extra. Price varies b/w how many you will get, I'll estimate $5

Barbs: ALWAYS make sure the barb's ID matches up with your tubing ID. If they don't, it won't work... Barbs are also personal preference. However I like these:
Bitspower G 1/4in. Silver Shining Fitting for 1/2in. Tubing #BP-WTP-C01 - $2.50 each
I always like to buy extra barbs too, just in case I ever need them... ~$25

All that is about $305 + Shipping

edit: doh, forgot to put in fans.
these
YATE LOON 120mm Case Fan - D12SL-12
or
YATE LOON 120mm Case Fan - D12SM-12 - Medium Speed

depending on how quiet you want it

edit... WOW, i hit the quote button not the edit button. fail.

all that stuff looks pretty good i really like the CPU block and the and res, just a few questions so with that type of res i would take the top of the pump off and replace it by putting the res on top?? also would a 2x120mm rad be ok to use cuz im gonna get the cool mater HAF 932 case and i wanted to mount the rad inside at the top and have the fans out side on top of the case but there is only space for 2 fans unless i take the tray thing off which i dident wanna do or could i just mount the 3x120 rad (still fit right?) and only use 2 fans on the out side top? and is the case iv chosen big enough to to mount the res and pump inside?? if u guys have any links of a nice h20 setup with that case it would be great.
thanks for the help guys
cheers

The Laing DDC3.2 and Swiftech MCP355 are the same pump, Swiftech just renames and sells it under their name. That pump you linked is just a bit different as it has a vertical inlet. It's kind of weird though that it has a 1/2" inlet and 3/8" outlet...

In the end you won't see any difference between them once the top is on, and the one at sidewinders is cheaper so I'd just get that one.

edit: didnt see your post above... a 3x120 radiator will fit just fine in a HAF932. I have the exact same case. Why do you want the fans OUTSIDE the case? That's pointless.

And yes you just unscrew the stock top and screw on the new one. It's really simple.

my setup...
P1010100.jpg

looks good, so the three fans on the top rad (black fans) are pulling air out right? and the led fans on the bottom are pushing air out? and i see the u have the rad on the bottom with LED fans on top are they pushing air out or pulling air in? is it ok to pull air though the hot rad into the case ?? also do u have any pics of your pump and top setup

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom