please suggest 700-800$ build. Non gaming, no overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea its good, im just saying if hes not gonna use it for any gaming or anything intensive, to me that takes away the need to custom build since on the low end you cant save money by building it your self like you can on the high end rigs

but if he doesnt want a pre built let him spend the money on what ever he wants

The money will be much better spent on a custom rig no matter what he is doing. You get better quality parts regardless of performance and you get to put only what you want on your hard drive. You also can change anything you want in the future without voiding any warranties.

yea its good, im just saying if hes not gonna use it for any gaming or anything intensive, to me that takes away the need to custom build since on the low end you cant save money by building it your self like you can on the high end rigs

but if he doesnt want a pre built let him spend the money on what ever he wants

Pre-builts are crap, and a waste of money. End of story. Proprietary parts made by whichever company draws the short straw, and cruddy support so if...well WHEN...your stuff breaks down, you're pretty much out of luck unless you paid the extra heaping cash for a warranty, and even then, they'll tell you it was your fault and not covered.

Just no. Much cheaper to build a computer that is actually WORTH something.

As for that AMD cpu, it's a triple-core processor. The closest CPU I can place it to on intel's side is the E8400, which gets outperformed by this x3. Not to mention the extra core will be great for multiple applications.

If you are worried about power, you can grab the 450w Corsair, it will power everything just fine, and it's not that much more money.

EDIT: Hussein, he doesn't need a monitor, says it in his first post. :p

hikaricloud i know that prebuilts suck *** and i know they use ****** parts, im just saying you can save a lil money going that route since you get the OS at a discount compared to buying it i never said i was a supporter of prebuilts just suggesting another alterative if money is a real issue

hikaricloud i know that prebuilts suck *** and i know they use ****** parts, im just saying you can save a lil money going that route since you get the OS at a discount compared to buying it i never said i was a supporter of prebuilts just suggesting another alterative if money is a real issue

Chill out. No need to curse.

Going with a prebuilt doesn't really save you much money in the grand scheme of things, because the parts go bad earlier. And without that expensive more-than-90-day warranty, you're out of luck when your stuff goes bad. It really isn't that hard to understand.

So instead of you being able to replace your parts if something goes bad later on down the pike because they are more UNIVERSAL, you're stuck with a hunk of junk that you can't fix unless you shell out lots of money, and at that point, you might as well buy a new one. That's the whole grand scheme of prebuilts in the first place.

If money was a real issue here, they wouldn't be asking for a build with 700-800 bucks, and even so, I still made it under the initial budget by well over 100 bucks. So money apparently is not an issue. I'm sure he'd rather have a good machine with good parts instead of saving maybe 50 bucks.

Trotter, that was a nice find on a cheap GPU by the way.

Chill out. No need to curse.

Going with a prebuilt doesn't really save you much money in the grand scheme of things, because the parts go bad earlier. And without that expensive more-than-90-day warranty, you're out of luck when your stuff goes bad. It really isn't that hard to understand.

So instead of you being able to replace your parts if something goes bad later on down the pike because they are more UNIVERSAL, you're stuck with a hunk of junk that you can't fix unless you shell out lots of money, and at that point, you might as well buy a new one. That's the whole grand scheme of prebuilts in the first place.

If money was a real issue here, they wouldn't be asking for a build with 700-800 bucks, and even so, I still made it under the initial budget by well over 100 bucks. So money apparently is not an issue. I'm sure he'd rather have a good machine with good parts instead of saving maybe 50 bucks.

Trotter, that was a nice find on a cheap GPU by the way.

QFT! He will really not be saving much money, if any, by going prebuilt. End of story. I also believe the budget is low because the user doesn't need any high end parts in it.

Actually, for a non gaming, non overclocking build, his budget is way high, hence why I kept it even lower, lol. You can build a REALLY nice gaming rig for 600 bucks with a x3 720, if you don't need an OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom