Please, Sir, I want some more advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the EVGA 260 is only $10 cheaper right now (when including mail-in rebates), and I went with the XFX mainly because of the recommendation of a friend and the excellent warranty (not that EVGA is bad, my current card is one). Plus, to be honest I'd rather just pay the $10 and have my overclock done for me.

Unless there is a bigger reason as to why I should go with a different card?

And yeah, I was thinking the 1kW was super large. I was thinking of OCing the i7, but only to reasonable, 24/7 levels. I'll switch to the TX750.

With this cost savings, I was going to switch to:

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

as was suggested.

EDIT: What about a PSU like Newegg.com - ZALMAN ZM850-HP 850W Continuous @ 45°C
(Maximum Continuous Peak: 1050W) ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI NVIDIA SLI Certified
NVIDIA HYBRID-SLI Certified - 9800 GX2
NVIDIA QUAD-SLI Certif
? I've heard Zalman has a bad name in the PSU business (from this site), but the newegg rating is good. I also looked up the PCP&C stuff but for the 860W model I could just still with my 1kW corsair.

Wow Nos and my Antec 650 Watt is supposed to be like my savior. Here you are consuming over 750 Watts.

Before long you'll require a hydro electric dam to feed that freakish monster rig of yours :D

Actually since the value of the looney went up a little. Now its only one arm for the 4850.

where still in a really bad spot and things could be worse with in the coming months, if our dollar gets any worse wehre ehading towards a depression. the price diference between the us and canada is becoming rediculous.

The Value of the Dollar and the Looney is not close to the same. But since our dollar is unstable. Which is mind blowing because apparently the looney is more unstable then the American dollar. That's why companies over charge us for everything.

Imagine the price of a GTX 280 during a depression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom