Please read, finally got a benchmark out ( Status on my overheating gtx ) - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 11:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
gone

Send a message via AIM to Gabb
Default Re: Please read, finally got a benchmark out ( Status on my overheating gtx )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste View Post
Thank you Gabb, for yet another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3dmark06 thread.

!
sorry Im just trying to figure out whats wrong

Old 06-21-2007, 11:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus

Default Re: Please read, finally got a benchmark out ( Status on my overheating gtx )

It's alright....next time, just try to keep all your 3DMark, 8800GTX, and benchmark related questions on one thread, instead of making several.

3770K | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 | DDR3-1600 16GB | CORSAIR 650D | CORSAIR HX 850W | CORSAIR H100 | SOUND BLASTER Z | ASROCK EXTREME4 GEN3

Old 06-22-2007, 12:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
The Bulldog

i don't think running your fan full blast will kill the card, it will only keep it cooler, but it will shorten the life of you fan, maybe a 3rd party heatsink/fan solution? the over heating could be due to alot of things, and cards near it or is the back rubbing your hard drive? how is the air flow in the case, not just the number of fans but do you have it set to suck it in at one end and blow out at another? if not the fans could conflict and hurt each others performance.

ポップ・タルトが大好きです。
<<<<<<<Rep is always welcome
Ultimate Guitar exercises/ Songs for technique
Old 06-22-2007, 12:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
gone

Send a message via AIM to Gabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmatt View Post
i don't think running your fan full blast will kill the card, it will only keep it cooler, but it will shorten the life of you fan, maybe a 3rd party heatsink/fan solution? the over heating could be due to alot of things, and cards near it or is the back rubbing your hard drive? how is the air flow in the case, not just the number of fans but do you have it set to suck it in at one end and blow out at another? if not the fans could conflict and hurt each others performance.
( have the Asus P5N-E 650i nforce mobo btw )
Hmm well the card is about 2 inches away from a PCI card which shows the vigor monsoon lites status, and a X-Fi card a little farther away. The Raptor X HD is far away from it and split off by a bay, however there were wires I had to cram real tight underneath the cards front edge, theres some wires near proximity to the side of the cards fan itself, but I don't think its in any danger really. The Card was so friggin big it was a real pain to install like many others have mentioned before. I have 7 fans and couldnt install the top one due to my lengthy PSU ( aspire 680w beast power ), I think the fans are all set on intake.

Now I pretty much get idle temps of 65 ( sometimes lower when I just start up ) I guess this is acceptable till the card dies and I RMA it. Without Rivatuner the card would idle at 75 and crash shortly during running benchmark 2006...I'd say an improvement.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Ste
Do not Stare at my Avatar

Send a message via MSN to Ste

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc6pack View Post

As to your scores.. your doubling my current effort ahh u didnt run ALL the tests ( feature and batch size ) turn em all on, it will affect ur score

Im glad ur up an runnin, have fun

Actually those tests don't effect scores at all, at least they didn't when I am ran them. I got the Same score, that I recieved when I ran the test without the Feature and and batch..

Although they do look nice....
Old 06-22-2007, 10:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

hey man, you got problems.
i get close (relatively) to that score with my sli 7900gs and my 3600 oc'd to like 2.8
you should be hitting over 10K no doubt.