Please read, finally got a benchmark out ( Status on my overheating gtx )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
Sorry for the long post, got a lot of questions and comments during the past 10 mins

Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

This is with all stock e6600 and gtx and 2 gigs of G.skill ram at mobo auto settings ( which I heard apparently is at 5-5-5 something instead of the 4-4-4-12 )

Anyways I was unable to get a benchmark out until I got Riva tune and cranked that sucker up to 100% fan speed, whats weird is after the test I checked the temps and it was 67 celcius AFTER the benchmark score ( which doesn't make sense cause before 74 was the idle ) I still need to call them to see why my card is so abnormally hot ( runs at idle of 74 )

anyways I seemingly have fixed the whole ram BSOD mania by moving one of my g.skill rams out. So I thought 1 was bad, however when I put them both in slot #1 and #2 they worked fine with no BSODs at all. ( Before it was in slot #1 and slot #3, is there some kind of conflict involving that? the reason I did this was to dissapate heat )

BTW how is my score for all stock gtx, e6600, and 2 gigs of ram? It seems a little low compared to people of the other systems, but futuremark may not report if they overclocked their GTXs.

I still need to do memtest on all my ram to be sure its safe, any thoughts anyone? Will running the fan speed at 100% severely reduce the life of my card? ( in which case I can just RMA it? If I didn't turn in the mail in rebate? )

WOOHOO ! nice 1.

your card is definately runnin hot. get it sorted, runnin your fan at top speed has gotta burn it out quicker.. and just think how hot its gonna get as soon as that baby stops spinnin !

Maybe it was a parity problem with the RAM, in my experience some boards are built for parity blocks side by side and some spaced (not sure about newer boards than my own). if your RAM was in the wrong slots that would cause an error or it could be that your RAM wont run in parity for some reason.. check your MB manual for parity setup.

As to your scores.. your doubling my current effort :) ahh u didnt run ALL the tests ( feature and batch size ) turn em all on, it will affect ur score :)

Im glad ur up an runnin, have fun :)

WOOHOO ! nice 1.

your card is definately runnin hot. get it sorted, runnin your fan at top speed has gotta burn it out quicker.. and just think how hot its gonna get as soon as that baby stops spinnin !

Maybe it was a parity problem with the RAM, in my experience some boards are built for parity blocks side by side and some spaced (not sure about newer boards than my own). if your RAM was in the wrong slots that would cause an error or it could be that your RAM wont run in parity for some reason.. check your MB manual for parity setup.

As to your scores.. your doubling my current effort :) ahh u didnt run ALL the tests ( feature and batch size ) turn em all on, it will affect ur score :)

Im glad ur up an runnin, have fun :)

can i turn em on in the free version of 3dmark06?

no :( but u can get the full version from various sites, however u cant access the servers for results. If you already have a good idea of what others with your spec are gettin then....

score is kinda low... you should be getting far higher than 9706.. you should be in the 11,000 range

stock 8800gts' with e6600 get around 8000-9000, so yours should be up a bit more

Maybe its my ram timings? The Bios auto sets it at 5-5-5-13 or whatever when its supposed to be 4-4-4-12, ill try to experiment with that tonight

anyone ever remember their GTX score stock?

I also forgot to mention Im running on Vista 32 bit, will that lower my score from the rest of the bunch?

i think i know the prob with ur ram.. its non EEC, tried running my corsair in EEC (2 blue slots) and PC wouldnt boot :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom