1. I think most people here would reccomend the DFI Ultra D mobo because of quality capacitors and overclockability features
2. If you got the cash, i would go ahead and get another gig of RAM. There are a lot of negative attitudes here about Corsair brand RAM. If i remember correctly, there are a lot of recommendations for OCZ brand.
3. I dont think you'll need a DVD rom AND a DVD burner. The burner will be able to read disks.
4. Consider setting up two WD Raptors in RAID and one additional drive for storage.
5. If i'm not mistaken, the Sound blaster Gamer edition is only a dolby 5.1 version. If you're spending 3K ona computer, go for the 7.1 card. Remember that you'll need some good quality speakers to really use the 7.1 card..
Anyhow, thats my 2 cents worth... Good luck on the build.