Please Rate My Build Before I Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcometotf3dj1.jpg

A few changes:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Don't need a motherboard, that supports two types of RAM. DDR3 is not worth looking into yet. It will take some time before it's considered.

Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
This set of RAM is better performing, for the money.

Newegg.com - Logitech MX518 2-Tone 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB + PS/2 Wired Optical Gaming-Grade Mouse - Retail
This mouse, is very highly recommended.

OK B1gapl I've switched to the mouse you recommended but I don't understand, what advantages does the motherboar you recommend have over the one I originally chose? Isn't it better to be more future-proof?

Also, mgcook, what's wrong with the DVD burner I already have chosen?

One last thing, I heard that the Crucial Ballistix RAM Automatically sets itself to a higher-than-normal voltage which causes it to fail after about 6 weeks. does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks. BTW my budget is 1800.00 I forgot to mention that.

IDE cables are big and hard to work around, if you go with a SATA its much less cabling. and im sure its faster also.

The motherboard might be futureproof for DDR3 ram, but I've heard that, motherboards supporting two types, could have some issues. I'm not sure on that, but by the time DDR3 is mainstream, there will be better supported motherboards out there.

He suggested an SATA DVD burner, because the wire, is smaller, and easier to worth with, compared to IDE.

I have the Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800, and they don't set itself to higher than normal voltage. The motherboard, will either set to the standard 1.8V or the manufacturer's spec, which is 2.2v

O ok I switched the DVD burner to a SATA based one.

As for the Crucial Ballistix, there's different models, one is DDR2 800 and one is DDR2 1066, which one should I pick?

I have a 17in acer monitor in my house and I think it is kind of flimsy. It is not my taste if I were you I would get the Hanns 22in its only 200 after rebates.

Okay I've made all the recommended changes except for the monitor, I heard the 22inch wasn't flimsy on newegg reviews, are you sure? Remember I'm not buying the 19" one and this was the best deal I could find for a 22 inch monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom