Please Rate this cpu cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang dude, What would tech forums be without you.

I know what thermal compoud is for, but does it really work? I really dont have it, and I know I need it, but I am desperate to plug in the new fan, are they really needed?

Well they take some heat away and make a good layer with the cooler... I think you can get away with not putting thermal Paste on it, I don't remember putting thermal paste on mine... but then again mine had the thermal pad.. but then again (again) it was used.. so idk if it still had the thermal pad..

Because cpu's and heatsinks are not perfectly flat, there are concaves and convexs and tiny imperfections where they will not contact each other, and you need something to fill that gap. If your cpu and heatsink are lapped you might be able to get away with it, but still not worth the risk. Why risk a $200 cpu for $2 worth of thermal paste

Because cpu's and heatsinks are not perfectly flat, there are concaves and convexs and tiny imperfections where they will not contact each other, and you need something to fill that gap. If your cpu and heatsink are lapped you might be able to get away with it, but still not worth the risk. Why risk a $200 cpu for $2 worth of thermal paste

the guy has got a point, its only 2$ rofl, and itl help keep temps down alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom