Please rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cernunnos

Solid State Member
Hello guys, new to the forums (and to high preformance rigs)

Bought my new rig yesterday, parts are being shipped on monday.

CM Storm Sniper Black Edition
i7 950 (will overclock to 4ghz, not bolder than that:p)
2x XFX 1gb 285 GTX
Asus Rampage Extreme 2 X58
6GB 1600mhz corsair XMS3
Corsair HX 1000W PSU
Corsair H50 water cooling
and WD VelociRaptor® 300GB SATA
Dont bother asking me for the price, I'm from Norway, and everything is **** expensive^^.

Nice overall build. If I had it to do over I would go i7 920, drop the velociraptor for a ssd and go for a top quality air cooler or a real H2O setup. (Single 120 rad will not perform much better than a true)

Enjoy.

Nice overall build. If I had it to do over I would go i7 920, drop the velociraptor for a ssd and go for a top quality air cooler or a real H2O setup. (Single 120 rad will not perform much better than a true)

Enjoy.

I pretty much agree on everything you said. The reason i chose 950 is because this will be my first OC attempt, therefore I want some kind of safety incase I am not able to do it, or if I'm just able to acheive a small OC.

SSD will be the next thing I upgrade to.
When it comes to the H50 I've seen pretty good results with this case and having two fans on the radiator, in addition to all the fans in the Sniper black ed. Also, I'm not very experienced with building computers, and standard water cooling seems a bit too difficult.

It is real nice.

I can also feel your pain for what that baby cost. Mine was not cheap either.

The USA boys would cry if they knew.

9/10

5850's in place of the gtx285s and an SSD instead of the velociraptor and you get yourself a 10/10!

Very nice build, room for upgradability also, should last you a while.
perf: 8.25/10 (to be difficult)
value: 6/10

Well, Norway is pretty **** expensive compared to the US ^^

The rig cost me 23k Norwegian kroners.

or 3800 USD :S (that sounds really bad XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom