Please look over this new setup E6750

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comdot

In Runtime
Right I've got my hands on an E6750 (L7268093)
I've already got a MSI NX8800GT and 600W Xilence Gaming Edition PSU

I plan to get:

Any suggestions/ improvements?

I don't (can't) really want to spend any more money than what the above costs, unless there's something that will pay dividends. For instance I thought about getting a DDR3 board for upgradeability and using DDR2 in it for the time being, but the idea seemed pretty fugly, especially seeing as the new mobo chip is due out and will be better, and the current mobo would have to have 2 types of DIMM slots which sounds pretty fugly to me.

I plan to blow a load of money (circa $1,000) on a large (26"ish) a widescreen TFT in the near future as some mullah is coming my way. Suggestions please.

I'm planning on upgrading to another 775 slot processor before I move onto the next slot. (I'm a student, and thu$ can't quite afford to ride the ¢urve)

ram is good.
not familiar with that mobo, it looks pretty killer though.
cooler is good. if you can get a xigmatek s1283 or sunbeam core contact i would suggest those ahead of the af7.
if you are planning to run any kind of new games on a 26" which i assume is 1920 x 1200, the 8800gt will struggle a little with very high settings and AA.

^:D

got all those components up and running now.

26 incher is in the post. (Samsung 26" SM2693HM 5ms DVI LCD TFT)

you're right, next thing i'll have to look at will be the graphics card but i will manage for now.

can't wait to try out my first TFT :happy:

spent ages looking at VA and IPS but no good for gaming i found out. not pleased.

and i got me one of these, my first new keyboard since about 1999. :)

saitek-eclipse-kb-2.jpg

ordered the HP LP2475W monitor instead!

see thread: " http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/anyone-got-hp-lp2475w-monitor-188000/ "

spent ages looking at VA and IPS but no good for gaming i found out. not pleased.

may have been talking out of my rear end!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom