Please help...Ram shortage on my lifebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaggedEdge

Beta member
PLease help me guys, i have a RAM shortage on my Fujitsu Lifebook whenever i start it. I have a 512MB ram on it and whenever i start my laptop the available memory drops down to only 50MB upto 83MB.it seems some automatic start-up appications like Norman anti-virus and others are eating much of my memory..shall i upgrade to a 1GB DDR2? what shall I do?please advice me guys..thanks:confused:

Well I don't know about startup programs taking up that much memory, but yes of course you should have at least 1gb of ram now a days.

Well I don't know about startup programs taking up that much memory, but yes of course you should have at least 1gb of ram now a days.

i wouldn't quite agree with that. if there are no performance problems caused in the laptop then i see no need to spend the money. in fact 256mb of memory is most likely more than adequate for what i would call the average user, although that would have to be configured correctly and 512mb is definitely enough. 1gb is only needed if you are a gamer or use "powerful" software such as video editors and photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom