please help me decide on ssd

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahiv87

In Runtime
im getting parts for a new build and $1500 is my budget. Im pretty set on these components but if you have any recommendations let me know. My issue is with the ssd. I want to get the 120gb vertex3 but that eliminates funds for the noctua nh-d14. Should i get the 120gb vertex2? Which will allow me to get the cpu cooler.

mobo/ cpu - Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

memory/os - Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

case/psu - Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

gpu- Newegg.com - EVGA 012-P3-1571-AR GeForce GTX 570 HD w/Display-Port (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

ssd- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227714

Total: $1555

I already have a monitor, dvd drive, hdd(storage), keyboard and mouse.

I would go with the Vertex 3 and wait to get the nice cooler later on when funds permit, would be easier to do that than to upgrade the SSD later on IMO.

Agreed as well. Also that is a pricey SSD. I don't use them personally but I didn't expect them to be $300 for 120GB? I know my friend built his own computer with a Core i7 970, 5770 2GB, 6GB DDR3, 120GB SSD for $1200 but I guess he got a good deal or open box stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom