Please help alleviate my monitor concerns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ycoidi2000

Baseband Member
I'll admit it...I couldn't wait!

My new monitor came today:

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22" 2 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1(DC 3000:1) - Retail

I wanted to check it out before the final pieces of my computer arrived tomorrow (E6600, EVGA 680i, etc...I already have in a box my 8800GTS), so I plugged it into my current setup with a GeForce FX 5700 Ultra (I know, I know...).

Well, I changed the resolution to something like 1280 x 800, and I noticed that it seemed much blurrier than I ever imagined (it also seemed washed out). I've heard these monitors need adjusting and I know I plugged it into ancient hardware, but should I be concerned at this point or should I just be looking forward to the great picture to come?

Thanks!

The reason, the image was blurry and washed out, is that it's not running in it's native resolution, which is 1680x1050. LCD monitors should only run in their native resolution, to get the best picture. Awesome monitor, by the way.

hes exactly right. That monitor runs at 1680x1050 like he stated. LCD screens are always blurry outside of their native resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom