Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
from you primary ide slot you will have a ide cable with two connectors the one on the end is the master. connect that to your hd. change the jumper settings on your cd to either cable select(try first) or slave and connect it to the middle connector. It could be a tight cable run. You may have to pull the hd or cd to make it fit. If it works great the rma the board if it does not more troubleshooting.

The HDD cable yes it has 3 heads, main one is connected to primary, I only have one dvd atm, no hard disk or floppy, one f the other pins at the end is connected to the CD and the other one to nothing. It still freezes.

I tried connecting the CD rom cable to SEC IDE and to the cd, and it freezes too.

Im reinstalling Windows right now, if it keeps giving me problems Im gonna try setting the DVD on slave mode and update drivers if i can. If doesnt work I'll take out a CD rom from this comp and try it.

Yes windows installs without a problem, my hard drive is a 10,000 RPM ATA, but I don't see where I connect a big pin, its connected from a SATA cable to SATA 1 on motherboard

ok so sata hard drive. you dont plug that in with the ide cable so pri master should work for cd. Do the reinstall and let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom