Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibChombo

In Runtime
I just got my computer running, installed windows etc, was having problems that the CD-DVD wasnt appearing, but I found out I had to put it on "Master" and now it did. I have a Asus A8N32-Sli motherboard.

The problem im having is everytime I put a CD in it freezes for about 2 minutes... Then when I can do something, I try opening the CD and it freezes completly.

Also the starting is pretty slow, the "Windows XP" loading screen takes like 2-5 minutes.

What am I doing wrong?

What extra programs are you running? The cd should work fine on cable select and on the end of the ide cable. Are you running SATA hard drives? just a start.

I cant get drivers unless I connect into internet, Im on another comp atm, I cant open any CDs at all. It freezes

Do you have another cd drive to try in case you have a bad one. You could also move files via a usb key if you have one.

The primary IDE slot has a HDD Cable connected to it that I had connected to the DVD and didnt work, Now i got a CD Rom cable connected to the sec ide to the CD rom and still freezes when I try opening a CD.

I was using this DVD on this comp earlier, im sure its not a bad one. I just don't know whats going on

Edit: Does anything happens if I disconnect the "HDD Cable" from the PRI_IDE and connect the "CD ROM Cable" to it? The HDD Cable has a blue head and so does the motherboard, figured it has to be connected there. But don't know if i could change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom