please give me some advice/opinions on this i7 920 build I want to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer samsung over LG when it comes to DVD RW but probably not enough to delay an order. You really really could have stuck with the 750W. PSUs degrading over time is not an issue since the fan in the PSU will fail ages before the PSU electronics themselves and the fan will far outlast your requirment of the PC.

I prefer samsung over LG when it comes to DVD RW but probably not enough to delay an order. You really really could have stuck with the 750W. PSUs degrading over time is not an issue since the fan in the PSU will fail ages before the PSU electronics themselves and the fan will far outlast your requirment of the PC.

Thanks!

I changed the order to the LGs just to get my parts still next week, because next week I have a week off, so I wanted to use the time to build the PC:)

Man, I know the 750W would have been plenty, but the 850W was only about 15 euro more, so I thought, more can't hurt. I know it's overkill, actually all the PC power I will be getting is overkill, but I still want it.:D

Today I got the PSU, the GPU and the floppy:cool:

I have another question to you guys:

I saw that the PSU comes with all the connectiong cables to the parts that need to be connected to the PSU. But Don't I need to get cables to connect the parts (floppy, DVD drives, HDD's) to the motherboard?
What kind of cabels do I need for that?
I totally forgot to think about that and include those in my order.:freak::(:eek:

You motherboard will come with SATA cables to connect that stuff. Is the floppy drive IDE or SATA? Either way your board will probably come with an IDE cable too. You can always buy some more cables.

34 pin is the mini IDE that floppy always uses so it's standard at least. Your mobo will most likely come with one.

Thanks !

Right now I'm very disappointed that I have to wait evne longer for my parts. I payed some x-tra money just to get the case and the GPU on time, but now it seems that was in vain because the stotre I ordered the other parts at is too lame to deliver and they are closed on monday and tuesday ......:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom