please give me some advice/opinions on this i7 920 build I want to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything needed should come with the parts you ordered. You don't need that wrist band. It's for grounding yourself, to protect from static electricity, which can damage pc parts. When assembling, do it on a table, maybe with your shoes on to protect from static. And touch something that is metal every once in a while, to get rid of any static you might have before handling any hardware.

Thank you very much!

Will prepare my order and send it out on monday:)

I'm in Europe, and Newegg does not ship world-wide. And even if they did, I think it would not be a good idea to order from overseas. In warranty issues I'd have to ship it there and that would be high shipping costs.

I will either buy/order from this German site:

www.neobuy.de

or from this Dutch site, they also have a store in Amsterdam (where I live), so that would make it a lot easier if something is wrong and I need them to take a look at it.

ComputerWinkel MyCom

But I also found this other Dutch site that has better prices than the other two I mentioned, but they don't assemble, and they don't have all the parts I want to get (eg they don't have that CoolerMaster HAF932 case I want).

Komplett.nl - Webshop voor PC, PC componenten, MP3 spelers, Foto & Video, TV, Gaming en Navigatie.

It's actually not so easy to find a site/store that has/sells all the parts I want.
The German site (first link) does not sell Corsair RAM, they have a brand called takeMS and another one called OCZ. Are those good brands for RAM?

I also live in Holland.
Try this site Tweakers.net Pricewatch Prijzen
It's a comparison site for computer hardware that give you the cheapest prices from different webshops. The shops themselfs have been reviewed by costumers aswell so you'll know which are trustworthy...
It's like kieskeurig only for computer hardware.
All you need to do is add postage and check if it's per kg or per order and calculate which combination of shops is cheapest and trustworthy.

Your rig is nearly identicle to the one I have been building.

I skipped out on WD (although had one for 7+ years) and went to Seagate Barricuda (the .11 version) It's in now, and fantasticly trouble free.

My DvD burner is a Samsung- which after buying won an award off NewEgg (in fact, all the parts I bought, got awards about 2 days after I bought them) and I love it, I believe it has light scribe support too if I wanted to do a thing like that.

If your Air Cooling make sure your case is large enough, I plan to get the new HAF case which is going to keep everything nice and cool. (and watch it win an award right after I buy it)

You might consider a small SSD HDD for just your operating system and such on, said to be one of the best things to do and reliable. (just have to set it up so My Documents and such are on another HDD, so it writes to the SSD less, as writing to them, tends to be slow)

I also live in Holland.
Try this site Tweakers.net Pricewatch Prijzen
It's a comparison site for computer hardware that give you the cheapest prices from different webshops. The shops themselfs have been reviewed by costumers aswell so you'll know which are trustworthy...
It's like kieskeurig only for computer hardware.
All you need to do is add postage and check if it's per kg or per order and calculate which combination of shops is cheapest and trustworthy.

Thanks ! It's funny, I went on a Dutch PC forum, and there I found out about Tweakers.
It's a cool site.

Where do you buy/order your parts? Ever heard of PCmegastore.nl ?
That's where I will most likely buy from.:)

Your rig is nearly identicle to the one I have been building.

I skipped out on WD (although had one for 7+ years) and went to Seagate Barricuda (the .11 version) It's in now, and fantasticly trouble free.

My DvD burner is a Samsung- which after buying won an award off NewEgg (in fact, all the parts I bought, got awards about 2 days after I bought them) and I love it, I believe it has light scribe support too if I wanted to do a thing like that.

If your Air Cooling make sure your case is large enough, I plan to get the new HAF case which is going to keep everything nice and cool. (and watch it win an award right after I buy it)

You might consider a small SSD HDD for just your operating system and such on, said to be one of the best things to do and reliable. (just have to set it up so My Documents and such are on another HDD, so it writes to the SSD less, as writing to them, tends to be slow)

Cool ! Thanks!

Do you have a thread/list of your rig?

Which Samsung DVD burner it is you got?

And can you tell me more about said HAF case? Is it the HAF932 or is it another one?

What size would a small HDD (what does SDD mean, BTW?) be if it's just for the OS?

Would it make a big difference which DVD Burner I get?

I am just about to look for my parts at the site of the online sotre, and the DVD/CD Burner I was gonna get, the Samsung SH-223F is not in stock and would take up tpo 10 days to deliver, but they have an LG GH22NS30 that would be in stock, it's only a little bit more.

I am getting confues about the HDD's. The one I chose seems to be not 7200RPM, so I might need to choose another one.
Which would be the better brand Samsung or WD?
I was going to get 2 HDD's of 1TB each, and maybe one smaller fro OS, but which size would be good for OS?

Where do you buy/order your parts? Ever heard of PCmegastore.nl ?
That's where I will most likely buy from.:)

The build in my sig was ordered at the webshops on tweakers.
I just picked the cheapest trusted stores and calculate what would be cheapest with shipping.

4launch, Azerty, Zercom, Electronica gigant.

Bought my stuff at these 4 shops. But Cool prices, Salland, komplette are also good.
Just use the search option for your hardware and put them in your shopping cart. When you have all the parts in your shoppingcart decide which store(s) to go with.

Edit: at the time I ordered my stuff Pcmegastore wasn't the cheapest but for your build that store has some of the best prices and you can combine shipping... As for HDD, the WD caviar black edition is often recommended here. Don't know why but I'm guessing it's better than green. Caviar black Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS, 1TB prijzen | Tweakers.net Pricewatch, almost same price as green (20 cents)+5 euro shipping. Databyte - Shop shipping info.
As u can see in my sig I've got the Samsung spinpoint f1 1tb. Never had any problems with it but that's all i can say about it.

The build in my sig was ordered at the webshops on tweakers.
I just picked the cheapest trusted stores and calculate what would be cheapest with shipping.

4launch, Azerty, Zercom, Electronica gigant.

Bought my stuff at these 4 shops. But Cool prices, Salland, komplette are also good.
Just use the search option for your hardware and put them in your shopping cart. When you have all the parts in your shoppingcart decide which store(s) to go with.

Edit: at the time I ordered my stuff Pcmegastore wasn't the cheapest but for your build that store has some of the best prices and you can combine shipping... As for HDD, the WD caviar black edition is often recommended here. Don't know why but I'm guessing it's better than green. Caviar black Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS, 1TB prijzen | Tweakers.net Pricewatch, almost same price as green (20 cents)+5 euro shipping. Databyte - Shop shipping info.
As u can see in my sig I've got the Samsung spinpoint f1 1tb. Never had any problems with it but that's all i can say about it.

Thank you very much!

Yes, for the parts I want to get PCMegastore does have the best deal.

So would you recommend to order from different stores?

I initially thought, I'd order all the stuff form one store, and that's it, but Tweakers.net got me thinking.
Now I am considering ordering parts fomr different sotres, but not so much in order to save a few euro's but more to get my parts sooner, as some parts will take 6-10 days to deliver at PCMegastore, whereas other stores have it in stock.

Which of these Samsungs should I gert, if I want 1TB?
PC Megastore: de beste en goedkoopste online PC winkel van nederland

OK, I have a new update of my parts-list:

Asus P6T Deluxe
Intel Core i7 920 Boxed
Corsair 6GB DDR3 1333Mhz XMS3 Triple Channel
Coolermaster HAF 932
Corsair 750W ATX
2x Samsung 1Tb SATA II 32Mb HD103UJ
2x Samsung SH-223F SATA
Sapphire 1GB HD4870 PCI-E
1.44Mb Floppy Disk Drive
Eminent EM1059 Card Reader internal

I want to order ASAP, so please let me know if this is a good list.

Oh, yes, also I want a 3rd HDD for the OS only. I'd like to go for the same type Samsung, that I have above, just smaller. What size would I need for the OS?

That list seems pretty good to me. 80-100GB+ is a good range. I usually set my OS partition to 50GB. Just depends on how many apps and games you'll be installing. I currently have a 500GB HDD with a 50GB partition allocated for OS, and the rest for storage.

That list seems pretty good to me. 80-100GB+ is a good range. I usually set my OS partition to 50GB. Just depends on how many apps and games you'll be installing. I currently have a 500GB HDD with 50GB allocated for OS, and the rest for storage.

Thank you very much!

Anything I should change about the list?

If I add a 3rd HDD, would I also need a bigger PSU then, if I want to still have space for upgrades later (maybe a 2nd graphics card at som point)?
Should I go for the Corsair 850W or 1000W, or will the 750W still be fine even for future upgrades (extra HDD and a 2nd graphics card)?

Would 250GB be too big for a HDD for the OS?

You don't need a PSU bigger than 750W. It can handle an extra graphic card, a few extra HDDs and fans. That Corsair 750W is pretty mighty.

And 250GB is fine for OS. Are you RAIDing those two TB HDDs by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom