please give me some advice/opinions on this i7 920 build I want to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stuff you've picked out is fine. A dvd burner is a dvd burner. As long as it is sata you should be ok. If you're worried, you could go with a name brand like Lite-On or something.

I think a Corsair TX750 would do you fine, maybe the 850W if you plan on adding a second GPU later.

The 1000W probably would be overkill unless you plan on triple-SLI as Atech said. And even then would probably be overkill :p

So, if I do want a PSU with upgrade optuion, should I get the (%=W or would the 750W Corsair be plenty?

And what do you guys think of the Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 case as an alternative to the HAF932?
Is the HAF932 noisy due to the fans? Maybe the Cosmos would be less noisy. This might be important for me since I want to use it for music-recording.

According to the newegg tech support i called to check the corsair 750 will power dual cards fine. it has 4 connectors so its set for it.
now weather your oc'ing and what all your running i am not sure about but thats all i could find out.. someone better qualified than me on it would be a better source.
I did just order the
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX for mine though comes tomorrow, and i plan on running SLI down the road.

According to the newegg tech support i called to check the corsair 750 will power dual cards fine. it has 4 connectors so its set for it.
now weather your oc'ing and what all your running i am not sure about but thats all i could find out.. someone better qualified than me on it would be a better source.
I did just order the
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX for mine though comes tomorrow, and i plan on running SLI down the road.

OK, thanks !

So, your rig you ordered is the one in your sig?

I have been comparing different stores / online shops over here (in the Netherlands, where I live), and it's amazing how prices differ. Some stores are just so much cheaper than others.

Initially I was thinkking of buyg from a store that is closeby so in case somthing is going wrong, I can just bring them the PC / part as opposed to having to send it in to a remote store.

How do you guys think about this?
Anybody ever had to handle warranty issues with Newegg for instance? Or did you have to send a part back on your cost?

This is how it would be handled here, if I send something in, I pay for the shipping.

But since one of these store is just a lot cheaper than a store closeby (and I do mean a LOT, like almost 10%), it's probably better to order there. What do you think?

Ya the one on my sig is the one i ordered / am upgrading
today and tomorrow I'll be recieving the GTX260, Mushkin 6 Gigs, and PSU.
I coulda/shoulda built it but I think the price came out in the same ballpark for what I have. might have saved alittle. I was kind of in a hurry and with school / work and family and time constraints just didn't build this time.
But it did come with 3 years parts and labor should i drop dead and my wife ends up with it lol
I priced it out would been about 800 + shipping
I paid 997 free shipping and financed it all for a year no interest being the key factor. I just went to look around and got newegged lol
the upgrades ran me 500, so 1500 total. I know there was probably a 100 ways i could have done better but I'm happy with it and I'm the one that has to pay for it so. no regrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom