please give me some advice/opinions on this i7 920 build I want to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
What site are you getting this stuff from? Why aren't you buying from the egg?

I'm in Europe, and Newegg does not ship world-wide. And even if they did, I think it would not be a good idea to order from overseas. In warranty issues I'd have to ship it there and that would be high shipping costs.

I will either buy/order from this German site:

www.neobuy.de

or from this Dutch site, they also have a store in Amsterdam (where I live), so that would make it a lot easier if something is wrong and I need them to take a look at it.

ComputerWinkel MyCom

But I also found this other Dutch site that has better prices than the other two I mentioned, but they don't assemble, and they don't have all the parts I want to get (eg they don't have that CoolerMaster HAF932 case I want).

Komplett.nl - Webshop voor PC, PC componenten, MP3 spelers, Foto & Video, TV, Gaming en Navigatie.

It's actually not so easy to find a site/store that has/sells all the parts I want.
The German site (first link) does not sell Corsair RAM, they have a brand called takeMS and another one called OCZ. Are those good brands for RAM?

they have a brand called takeMS and another one called OCZ. Are those good brands for RAM?

OCZ RAM is generally very good :) I would personally recommend corsair, cos all Corsair RAM has a lifetime warranty, but if you're sure you can't get a hold of it?

I just saw that there is also an Asus P6T Deluxe V2.
The funny tihng is, at one of the stores that I am considering to buy from it costs even less thant the regular P6T Deluxe , and at another store it costs more :freak:

What's the difference/benefit of the P6T Deluxe V2 versus the regular P6T Deluxe?

Should I get the V2 if it's even less money?

I'm still not 100% sure on the graphics card, the motherboard and PSU.

Any advice/opinions very welcome!

Also on all the other parts.

Let me know if this is a good build before I order the parts.

Sorry, I'm still undecided with regard to these parts:

1. mobo, which of these should I get and why:

Komplett.nl

2. GPU, which og these 4870's would be good, I was thinking of the Sapphire 1GB, but what do you guys think:

Komplett.nl - PCI-Express.

3. PSU, which of these:

Komplett.nl

Like I said in an earlier post in this thread, on another website I might be buying from I saw two different Corsair 750's : Corsair ATX TX750W and
Corsair 750W ATX PSU, CMPSU-750TX (the latter being a little bit more expensive, but not much). Does anybody know what the difference between the two is? Which one would be better if I decide to get a 750W.

I was also thinking of maybe getting the 850W or even the 1000W PSU, just to have a future-proof and upgradeable system. Would this be a ghood idea or wasting money?

Sorry, I'm still undecided with regard to these parts:

1. mobo, which of these should I get and why:

Komplett.nl

2. GPU, which og these 4870's would be good, I was thinking of the Sapphire 1GB, but what do you guys think:

Komplett.nl - PCI-Express.

3. PSU, which of these:

Komplett.nl

Like I said in an earlier post in this thread, on another website I might be buying from I saw two different Corsair 750's : Corsair ATX TX750W and
Corsair 750W ATX PSU, CMPSU-750TX (the latter being a little bit more expensive, but not much). Does anybody know what the difference between the two is? Which one would be better if I decide to get a 750W.

I was also thinking of maybe getting the 850W or even the 1000W PSU, just to have a future-proof and upgradeable system. Would this be a ghood idea or wasting money?

Sorry, let me bump this and also add another question:

Would Samsung be a good choice for DVD-writers?

I just made a new list:

i7 920
Asus P6T Deluxe
Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB GDDR5
Corsair Powersupply TX 850W, CMPSU-850TXEU
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz 6GB CL9
WD Caviar® Black 1TB 3,5", SATA
Samsung DVD±RW burner, SH-S223F, 22x OR LG GH22LP20, 22x

For the case I still want the Cooler Master HAF932, but this one online shop doesn't have it, so what about the Cooler Master Cosmos silver instead?

I want to order my PC parts this week, but since I'm not toally sure yet, I'd still like to have your advice.

I'm still unsure about the PSU and GPU and the DVD burner.

But if you find I should change any of the other parts, let me know as well.
Any advice on my list(s) is more than welcome !

Thanks!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom