Please check my build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The build is a good. I'm not a fan of the expensive Asus board as i find that it is not needed and not worth it's buck but if you have the case it is no doubt one of the best boards.

I would suggest you get a better cooler if you really want to use the Yorkfield and Asus Maxiumus board to their fullest potential. The AF7 is a great budget cooler but won't handle the heat coming out of a highly overclocking yorkfield, which is what that asus maximus does best. Get a Tuniq or a Thermalright 120

Even if this is my first time overclocking (RE x38 Maximus)? Doesn't it like...practically do it for you?

Good build in general. I agree with the points made by Sora. Board is good, just why not spend less for virtually the same thing.

What is this RAM? Overclocking with rubbish RAM is no fun

Im not a fan of the ASUS board anymore. I build a computer about a year ago with one of them and had nothing but problems. Lots of compatibility issues with memory. I now have a Gigabyte much better and only $100 too. Not much of an overclocker though.

Im not a fan of the ASUS board anymore. I build a computer about a year ago with one of them and had nothing but problems. Lots of compatibility issues with memory. I now have a Gigabyte much better and only $100 too. Not much of an overclocker though.

Buh? which Asus board? The maximus and P5E weren't out a year ago. Was yours a striker extreme? They are notoriously memory picky. Esp with 4GB RAM.

Just because one Asus board is bad, it doesn't mean all Asus boards are.

sorry I did not mean to give Asus a bad name, it was just my board that was picky with memory. Asus is a good board I was just a little discouraged about the one I have. I got it to work now with the right memory. I am not sure about the new ones.

the Striker Extreme is a garbage board for the price (I'm not saying its not a good board but for the price it had a lot of issues) Maximus Formula and p5e aren't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom