planetcomputers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie

Beta member
Has anyone dealt with PlanetComputers. I purchased a gaming computer from them in March and it worked great until a few weeks ago. It will no longer boot up. I 12 months of technical support from PlanetComputers, but they refuse to answer the phone to provide support. I have made over 100 attempts to call them. They did respond to one of my e-mails, saying they would call me within 24 hours. They did not call. Anyone else having problems with these guys. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Never dealt with them, never heard of them either. Sounds like they're not very reliable. If it were me, I'd chalk it up to experience and try to fix the thing myself. Otherwise, you're going to be wasting your time with these people and be saddled with a computer that dosen't work.
Why don't you tell us the specifics of what problem you're having, we may be able to help you fix it. Stranger things have happened here...lol

About a week before it died, the computer would make a sound that would increase in pitch, then make a click sound. It would do this every minute of so. When I turned on my computer a few weeks ago, I got a message saying it could not find a particular file to completely boot up. After turning it on and off a few times it started telling me it did not detect teh keyboard. Have been dea in the water since. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rookie

Without knowing for sure, I would say your hard drive has crashed or is about to. If you have another hard drive to put in and test it, that would be great. Otherwise, I sure hope you've backed up your system on disk or something. I would also try placing your hard drive in a computer that is working to see if you can access it.
I had a similar issue with a notebook computer and the HD was the issue. Luckily I had made a backup of the files.

Beyeohazard,
Thanks for the inforamtion. I did not back up my computer, but did not have anything too critical on it. Is a hard drive easy to replace. I'm not a computer builder by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom