Pick my parts for gaming rig

Keystus

Beta member
I'd like to build my first gaming rig, my budget is between 600-700$, and i don't need a monitor, keyboard, or mouse. I do however need Windows 7.

I am going to be playing games like black ops, battlefield, and many rpgs, id like to be able to play black ops on high settings, and be experiencing no lag, even when i'm on a considerably high round of zombies. So if you could make me a good build , that can handle most or all modern games on mid-high settings, that'd be great, i'm leaning towards an intel processor, but am totally open to suggestions, thanks all:D

Also there is a microcenter near me, if that's any help

The i3 3220 is better in a gaming rig than over half the AMD CPUs on the market currently. Not everything is about GHz and core count. If you found an i5 3330 real cheap it would last you a good 3 or 4 years worth of use. Possibly more.

That processor looks terrirble

though i would perhaps not get that cpu myself, it does fit your budget well. Plus, clock for clock, it would blow my q6600 out of the water and my q6600 destroys the games you are talking about with ease.

i'd go for the i5 if you can find a fair priced one.

and say thank you to PP Mguire for being nice enough to want to help! ;)

Back
Top Bottom